dash removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
i'm having problems taking out my dash and was wondering if any one has any photos of removing theirs or videos. i have all the screws out around the gauges and 3 vents. i can't get it out off the top and any help would be great

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
yup. i have it where the bottom will move but i just can't get the top to move at all

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I assume you've gotten all the screws out of the top vents. ?

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
If i'm not mistaken, i think there are a couple under the speaker grilles? It's been awhile since I took one out.

496kid

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
taylor,pa
drop the steering column and there is a 13mm screw there.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Black Sheep said:
If i'm not mistaken, i think there are a couple under the speaker grilles? It's been awhile since I took one out.

Correct.
There are two visible screws at the corners of the defroster vents, and there are two hidden under the speaker grilles.

ascates

Apprentice
Jun 11, 2011
Boiling Springs, NC
Uhh...my dash removal was a little more complicated that some screws. I had to remove the gauge cluster, disconnect the speedometer cable, disconnect a bunch of wires, countless 9/32" screws, and there is a bundle of wires that runs across the back of the dash that is attached with several brackets that I haven't removed yet.

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
my issue is that i can't even get to the gauge cluster yet, i hope to be home soon so i can get some photos of it

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Once you get the hidden screws behind the speaker cover (assuming you havent already), try lifting the dash straight up a little bit and then pull towards you. This is what I had to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor