Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Ok guys, I have a grand prix dash in my Malibu wagon but I'm wanting to go a different direction, again. Ha. Would it be extremely difficult to mod and install a 2002 Monte Carlo SS dash and 4th Gen f body 6 speed console? I'm starting my build over again with new engine and all so I want it done once and don't wanna have to come back and change it later.
Thanks in advance.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
That would be an interesting swap. I have seen some 3rd gen and 4th gen fbody dash swaps in g-bodies over the years on different forums, but not the 2000-2004 ish monte. My daughter has on 03 SS, and I do like the dash in that car, and also the leather seats.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It would be pretty different going with the later Monte SS dash. You would have to do your homework and research as to what it would entail...and if it would fit.

I gave it some thought. As cool as the dash is, I think it would be too contemporary for our "brick" styled cars...so I kind of vote for keeping the GP dash. It's not because I have one in my car. I'm always open to new ideas and innovations.

Last edited:

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
For whatever its worth, I kind of go along with Longroof on this one. The style of the newer dash really doesn't go along with the body style of the older car. I can foresee the electronics being a headache too.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
GP dash in a Malibu is unique already IMO and I as well debated the newer dash in my GP from a Camaro but I don't think it flows well with the 80's era interior but if you pull it off I would keep as stock looking as possible!

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
For whatever its worth, I kind of go along with Longroof on this one. The style of the newer dash really doesn't go along with the body style of the older car. I can foresee the electronics being a headache too.
I almost agree 100% with Longroof as well but I wouldn't mind something out of the ordinary. Not that the GP isn't. I think it could be ok. As far as the electronics go, I'll be using an LS 0411 pcm powering an LTx setup, so it'll be less of an issue to make work. I'd also like to use steering column and all. I want it done right.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
J.L.,
Why not keep the GP dash and treat yourself to nice set of aftermarket gauges? Less work and headaches in my opinion.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
J.L.,
Why not keep the GP dash and treat yourself to nice set of aftermarket gauges? Less work and headaches in my opinion.
At this point, I think I like headaches. At least it seems that way. Don't really want an Autometer type gauge look. If I do end up keeping the GP dash, I'd like to find a factory tach cluster and send it all to Dakota Digital to convert them to a VHX gauge. I just don't know. Time will tell.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Anyone know of a wagon rear seat swap, like blazer or ???
Not that I know of. The seat bottom might not be a problem, but the seat back might be another story. They're pretty specific to the wagon, also being part of the cargo floor system, and being uniquely shaped.
I have thought of it myself at one point, then I decided not to pursue it any further. The Blazer might be a good place to start, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor