Dash wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I would probably pull the whole cluster out and really inspect the printed circuit. Sounds strange that none of them work. I would also bench test EVERY socket to make sure they all work. I put in new bulbs, cleaned the contacts that touch the printed circuit and I still had a bunch of lights that didnt work. It was driving me crazy. I wound up pulling everything out, tested every single one. Some worked after I tweaked the contact in the socket, some didnt even after I did that. Got replacement sockets and they all now work fine. It was a huge pain in the butt.

robert garringer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2018
bradenton,florida
I would probably pull the whole cluster out and really inspect the printed circuit. Sounds strange that none of them work. I would also bench test EVERY socket to make sure they all work. I put in new bulbs, cleaned the contacts that touch the printed circuit and I still had a bunch of lights that didnt work. It was driving me crazy. I wound up pulling everything out, tested every single one. Some worked after I tweaked the contact in the socket, some didnt even after I did that. Got replacement sockets and they all now work fine. It was a huge pain in the butt.
Ok guy yes i have the whole cluster so i will do that because i am getting power to the printed circuit.i just bought the car and it sat for seven years so i knew that i was going to have some problems but this is a little much. i allso so got another complete dash with the car and that one is doing the same thing.so who knows, thanks for your response,bob.

robert garringer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2018
bradenton,florida
Yes mike i found the problem the printed circuit is bad i put a jumper two lights down the strip and every lite came on except for one and the two i skipped. now i have to find a new printed circuit strip.Any ideas there ? thank you very much for steering me in the right direction, Bob.

Malibu Mike7981

Apprentice
Jan 13, 2018
New York
I got my new printed circuit board from Mikes Montes. It worked out great for me. You will need the gm # on the back of your old circuit board to make sure you order the rite one. I have bought many parts from him, fast shipping and never a problem.

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Yup, Mikes Montes. I bought mine from Mike and its a quality piece. I think theres two different part numbers. One for gauges and one for no gauges. Give him a call. Hes a great guy to deal with.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Yes mike i found the problem the printed circuit is bad i put a jumper two lights down the strip and every lite came on except for one and the two i skipped. now i have to find a new printed circuit strip.Any ideas there ? thank you very much for steering me in the right direction, Bob.

Dont forget, bench test EVERY bulb socket before you put it back together. Trust me !!! I learned this the hard way ! It sucked to take everything apart again. And dont cheap out, buy a couple of boxes of bulbs from rockauto. They dont cost a lot of money.

• Agree

robert garringer

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 9, 2018
bradenton,florida
Dont forget, bench test EVERY bulb socket before you put it back together. Trust me !!! I learned this the hard way ! It sucked to take everything apart again. And dont cheap out, buy a couple of boxes of bulbs from rockauto. They dont cost a lot of money.
yes i put every thing new in the dash i dont want to go in there again if i can help it.there was a guy in town that had all new parts parts for the dash so all the sockets and bulbs are gm and the printed circuit is gm all so so im good to go.Thanks to all you guys for being a big help. I hope i can do the same since now i am a member. Bob

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor