Declining interest in gbodys discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
If you're talking about the number of new signups increasing or decreasing, without doing a deep-dive into the stats** I'd say recently its on the rise. Been seeing a lot of new names and faces, either just finding the site or just getting into G-Body's... Hard to say whether that's a yardstick or not, but I can tell you that traffic here is UP anywhere from 30% to 50% over the same time last year.

** also consider that periodically I cull unconfirmed signups, and users that haven't visited in a couple of years and never posted.... so its not a complete picture.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I am always amazed at how more guests are on here than actual members at any given time and have always thought if you have a Gbody or are just interested in them then just join already, it's won't cost you anything and you get to participate on the site.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Hard to say whether that's a yardstick or not, but I can tell you that traffic here is UP anywhere from 30% to 50% over the same time last year.

Hmmh . . . I signed up in Aug '15. Could just be all of my rants alone . . .?? :doh:

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Also still can't find where to go to start the thread but will keep looking, it's not showing up or I a missing it

Find the forum you want to post in i.e. General Discussion, For Sale, etc. and look for the big blue button that says "Post New Thread" near the top right. It might shift position if you're on a phone or something, I don't recall.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Sad but I agree being destroyed for racing or chopped I understand bout collectors but the rest is sad....

we raced G bodies and we could not afford or wanted to spend money on a G body in road worthy condition. We would buy them on their way to the scrap yard and we tried to sell parts we didn't need but got tired of the guys low balling or not showing up

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Not sure what more I can add here? Ottawa is pretty dead for hotrodding - especially building them from jalopies. So it has proven to be very challenging to find parts, and in many cases I have to buy whole cars to get what I require to finish my projects - usually from hundreds of kilometers away - versus going to a 'yard. As for youth, they are out there I know because about 75% of my parts are sold to younger chaps. I am also working around the traditional gender role issues with my girls who will be very capable women in due time.

Despite selling one this year I still have four G-bodies (only want two). Truthfully I'd rather they remain undesireable - cheaper parts for me!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor