Delete Plate And Moving Heater Core? Suggestion Anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
I need a new heater core but I might be putting a caddy 500 engine in my car. Your suppose to trim the box and fiberglass it back but I was thinking about adding an delete plate instead to make the engine cleaner. For heat what are you guy doing. I know some just dont have heat but no way Im doing that purposely.

I know i can run a heater from summit or jegs but I was wondering if it was possible to remote locate the heater core and blower motor somewhere under the hood like on the delete plate.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
You already mentioned it, but I think your best bet would be to buy a mojave heater from summit and route the ducts up to the defrost vents. Those heaters are small, so they should mount under the dash quite nicely.

hp3445

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Southern New Jersey
87National said:
You already mentioned it, but I think your best bet would be to buy a mojave heater from summit and route the ducts up to the defrost vents. Those heaters are small, so they should mount under the dash quite nicely.

x2

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
You could go with a non-a/c box. It might give you the room needed, but wouldn't be as clean as an aftermarket set up under the hood.

username

Master Mechanic
Jul 21, 2009
Tennessee
i actually just took my ac box off the firewall yesterday and today started making a template for a semi delete plate what I mean by semi delete is I am actually going to do is retain the heater core probably be mounted inside behind the dash and on the engine side of delete I am going to mount a blower box from a 73-87 chevy pick-up because it is only like 10"x7" it should clean up firewall nicely still retain varible fan and working heat and should appear some what oem oh and it doesnt hurt that I had it in the barn to start with :D

bobcat

Apprentice
Jul 15, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
I had the same idea, blank the firewall and add another OEM heater setup. Post pics when you can, please. :)

username

Master Mechanic
Jul 21, 2009
Tennessee
I will post some when I get this thing made up its just in the prelim stages now I just picked this cutlass up just a little over a week ago and have started stripping it down to work on the body and paint
thumb_DSC_0029.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor