Did G-bodies come with a factory clearcoat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i "think" that most 84 and back g's had laquer and then there was both single stage and base clear jobs on g bodies. my 86 442 had base clear on it and i am guessing most high line g bodies but there were also case line cars that had base/clear that i have seen. there is info out there on this somewhere

I have read about black Monte Carlo SS's having a clearcoat over and over again in magazines. If I remember correctly they were late (86'-88') Aerocoupes. I've never seen an Aerocoupe up close and in person before to tell.

The SPID will tell the story - going by what is on the car now means nothing as most cars have already been painted at least once. My father's two tone silver/grey metallic '87 Cutlass was single stage and that was at the tail end of the g-body run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor