Did you name your car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS6 Tommy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 6, 2018
My '77 Olds Omega had a few names, depending on who was speaking about it. I called it "Odin", one friend called it "The Chip" (he said he got that from Ortega taco chips), another called it "The Hershey Squirt" (it was brown and tan).
My '69 SS 396 Chevelle was "Eugene", the license plate started with "EUG".
The '80 Malibu is "Madge", after my grandmother I inherited it from.

None of the other God knows how many cars I've owned had names.

Tommy

• Creative
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
In the old Warner Cartoons, Wile E catching the roadrunner was never an option. Evil was never allowed to triumph over good in the funny papers.

However, there actually was a short lived millennial cartoon series that featured Bugs and the crew that had an episode where Wile E did manage to catch and eat the bird. Happens right at the beginning of the 'toon and the rest of it is all about the angst and regret the coyote starts to feel because he now has no meaning in life and how he goes downhill from there. Vey weird but neat in its own right. Not sure where you'd find it, those versions were very scarce and limited and only ran for a few years before being shelved. They were done in Korea or somewhere over there; almost the entire roll of credits were for asian technicians.

And now there is a new third generation of Bugs, and yes old Wile E is among the crew. Cartoon Network runs them periodically, think tonight at some time. Beep, Beep!!

Nick

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And an additional thought just occurred to me. If we are dunning birdies here, leave us not forget that psychotic, yellow feathered, miserable, little Tweety Bird. Between him and Granny, poor old Sylvester never had a chance. Not sure what Granny was feeding him, you almost never saw a bowl of food being put out for him and the one or two times it did occur, what was in the bowl likely came from the No Name Bulk Store.

If he wanted a bird that badly We-elll, Give Him the Bird. (LOL) It's not like Tweety Birds are rare and hard to come by. If then were now, old Sylvester could just go on line and order them in bulk from Amazon. Good chore cats don't have opposing thumbs and can't type. My avatar excepted. (He wears gloves to keep the hair out of the keyboard)

Nick

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
And an additional thought just occurred to me. If we are dunning birdies here, leave us not forget that psychotic, yellow feathered, miserable, little Tweety Bird. Between him and Granny, poor old Sylvester never had a chance. Not sure what Granny was feeding him, you almost never saw a bowl of food being put out for him and the one or two times it did occur, what was in the bowl likely came from the No Name Bulk Store.

If he wanted a bird that badly We-elll, Give Him the Bird. (LOL) It's not like Tweety Birds are rare and hard to come by. If then were now, old Sylvester could just go on line and order them in bulk from Amazon. Good chore cats don't have opposing thumbs and can't type. My avatar excepted. (He wears gloves to keep the hair out of the keyboard)

Nick
Sylvester got the shaft for sure , that bad ol’ puddy tat , he was hampered by a speech impediment as well .
I wonder if it made tweety feel powerful picking on a cat with “challenges”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
I never really got into it. My best friend in high school named his cars girly names.
Kicked around the idea of naming it after a girl that I used to text. I had reasons. Sounds pretty lame looking at that sentence.
Now I only refer to the future version of it in my head as "Blue Jay." Out loud, it's just "the Buick." I don't even like saying "Regal" with the way my voice sounds.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Over the years, some will 'earn' names, some will 'grow into' names, while others maybe not so much. I think it's especially true w/people that have been around you & your cars for extended periods.

A '74 Z-28 I had years ago was simply referred to as 'The Z'.
A '76 base model Camaro after it was called 'Hover' because it was so low that from a distance everyone said it looks likes its floating (like a hovercraft).
My 67/68 truck I've had since 1987 (when the Z was killed) is called 'The Mole' because since about '91 it's been in pieces, under a tarp, in the back corner of 4 different garages, then a storage space, & now my shop.
A little import truck I had for a bit was called 'The Pup' because it was an Isuzu P'up.
My '93 5.0 LX Notch was called 'Trooper' because it was an x-DPS highway pursuit car for Austin TX.
My Squarebody dually is usually called 'Big Red' by my buddies or 'The Dually' by me because surprise..... It's a big, red, dually.
The '90 SWB OBS I owned before my '99 was called 'Jax' because my buddy got it from his FIL whose name was jack (hense, Jacks truck).
My '99 OBS CC is called 'Spot' or 'The 99' because it has the mass-peeling GM fleet white so it has galvanized grey spots bumper to bumper.
The Model-A is called 'Cabby' because it's a Cabriolet vs the lower level roadster....
And I told you about the 'Pop-Rod' :cool:

• Clever

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
Mine is Samantha.
Don’t ask me Samantha is because I don’t know anyone BT the name🧐

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor