REGAL Digital Climate Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I don't know why, but anything digital, weather it be dash, climate control, I just absolutely love it! I TOO like the simplicity of the manual controls, but that eye candy digital!! :love:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Here is a picture of the complete set up I believe. Also the glove box is different. The mounting tabs on the controls most of the time are broken off

Attachments

• 8605074G09-003.JPG
    8605074G09-003.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: 5 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
The mode actuators are actually harder to find than the control head, so definitely snag those too. I have seen a thread on installing that setup into a manual-control G-Body, but they had to modify Cadillac actuators because originals were unobtanium.

slow 442

Greasemonkey
Jan 16, 2014
Also 95 roadmaster's had a similar system that you could retrofit or possibly get some parts from. I know the blower motor resistors for the newer b bodies with the electronic climate control are pricey and when they go out they will drain the battery by leaving the fan running with the ignition off. I own a g and a b body and the I feel it's not an upgrade over the manual control besides the wow factor. I never had a g with that system in it but the b has an outside temp sensor in the grill ,a sensor by the glove box for interior temp and I think one in the defogger grill.

Reactions: 1 user

84cutlasssupreme

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2019
A buddy of mine had that in his '86 Grand National, & I've seen one in a Canadian Regal that read out in Centigrade!
My buddy sold his GN with 6,000 mi. on it a few years ago.
As others have said, if it's problematic & parts are hard to come by, I'd pass on it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have digital control in my jeep, one setting for the left and one for the right. It's BS and I never set it to a certain temperature cause if I left it at 78 degrees I would freeze on cold days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor