BUILD THREAD DINO THE EL CAMINO - ‘81 you’ve seen before

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
nice, will go check it out when its drier!!

I think I got the right parts ordered from Summit for this fuel line/filter thing. Just an Edelbrock line/filter, with fittings/clamps to cut the hose down on the rest. Should be little less dodgy anyway. Ordered owners manual, air cleaner lid and decals. Can't decide between the BBC flags w/350 (I know, so wrong) or the orange/red "turbo fire" one, so I got both lol.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I can't find the numbers on there anywhere. The one on the back I can't see at all. Going to take more work I guess.

• Hung the Dino key chain on the rearview. Very important.
  • Fixed the drivers upper door panel. The two big screws on the pull weren't actually attached to anything so when you went to pull the door shut... The panel came off. Doh. Had to brace up one of the screw-pin holes with duct tape, I guess it tore out when that happened.
  • Replaced the overhead and driver side courtesy lights w/ LED. I can't find the pass. side one. This has a glovebox lamp but I don't have anything to fit that socket yet.
I'm going to have to do the roof rail and probably the door weatherstripping like NOW. The passenger side carpet was wet front to back after all this rain. Argh. Well, better that than soaking the floor every time it rains.

I also found out that yes, this is a true SS. At least according to the paint codes on the cowl tag. Originally a 267 car though according to the VIN. lol.

And the exhaust is completely welded, so its just going to have to be loud until I replace the whole works.

Had her out today, and the brakes were squeaking a bit just after I left the store... .that went away, so not exactly sure. It is humid AF today so maybe that played a part.

Reactions: 2 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
cleaned up all the tools and put them all away from Betty's suspension work. Finally. moved some stuff around and made room for Dino in the shop. Who said it wouldn't fit!? It's tight but it fits. ;):eek::rofl: OK, so I have to move it to mow the lawn, or basically do anything to either Dino or Betty but hey....

IMG_2830.jpg

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I'm jealous of your shop. Looks pretty nice. Decent size and insulated. Exile the lawn equipment to a shed.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
got rid of the lawnmower filter w a russel and hard line. Still uses the hose in between, but I can live with that. I think. Rags there to check 4 leaks.

F089211E-95E2-4E17-A29F-1C97AFA11C1B.jpeg

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Got in all the various eBay stuff. Brand new owners manual in glove box. Parts catalog in new 4" binders. Wish I could get that on CD/PDF like my Pontiac one. Makes referencing drawings and part numbers a breeze. This is the next best thing just a bit more hassle. New metro door weatherstrips in the box underneath. Of course no inserts in the ends but what are you going to do.
IMG_2838.jpg

LED glove box lamp. hello!

IMG_2835.jpg

OK, decision time. Got in a shiny new goodmark blank lid, which sticker do I put on it? the "Turbo Fire" or the Big Block flags. The flags to me is a big sacrilegious but seeing it on there actually doesn't look too bad.

IMG_2836.jpg
IMG_2837.jpg

gotta go get some weatherstrip adhesive, and probably wait until it warms up a bit to finish the pass side. In the 40s this morning. Ditto for the new steering wheel cover. Don't need that tearing. Again.

Oh yeah. I figured out that it was leaking from the passenger side, water was getting in on top of the door on the hinge side and running down the inside into the carpet. So time to do the door strips also.

and I'm keeping that fuel filter, man. need that extra HP boost to finish the lawn 3 minutes faster.

Reactions: 4 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
almost forgot. ordered a bunch of books on DIY body/paint. Going to try to do as much as possible on both this and the Cutlass before handing them off to someone to fix my mistakes, I mean to paint, yeah. So probably going to have to get a bunch of tools/materials and find a place to stash them, it never ends, does it.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor