BUILD THREAD Do I get a membership card now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
(my fiance's fusion) congratulations!

Thanks! Got another 10 months or so before the wedding so thankfully there is time to plan and stuff.

In other Wagon news....

I have collected a DIN 1.5 radio and faceplate to swap my car over from the garbage aftermarket radio. I still need the radio mount brackets however since the radio i got was out of an S10 blazer and they are different. Also, I think i have the leftover parts from the 2+2 (obd1 plug and fiber optic cruise control wiring) to be able to backfeed what I need into the stock turbo buick PCM to control stuff like idle fueling and torque converter lockup.

I need to order some stuff from Kirban's like a turbo oil feed line and some of my last missing heater hose parts.

Got my buddy with an 88 fiero who I helped SC3800 swap 2 years ago helping me next weekend to swap the engine. I have all the stuff hoarded and it should be fairly easy (knock on wood) to pull the carb 3.8 and drop the SFI 4.1 in. Only real things I need to do to the car is swap the th350 xmember over to the 200r4 one i have and weld in the frame extension. Doubt I will get the car running over the weekend since i have to drop the tank and do the fuel system, but it should get bolted in without too much fuss. (Knock on wood)

Reactions: 2 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Your buddy has had a SuperCharged 3800 V6 in his 2,400lb Fiero for two years and hes still alive? Impressive... :D

I will be eblow deep into a header/exhaust system this weekend myself.. Hope everything goes well for ya!!

-Gonz

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Your buddy has had a SuperCharged 3800 V6 in his 2,400lb Fiero for two years and hes still alive? Impressive... :D

I will be eblow deep into a header/exhaust system this weekend myself.. Hope everything goes well for ya!!

-Gonz

The car ran like a 12.90 I want to say 2 summers ago. Stock 3800 with a smaller pulley and exhaust. No real tuning done.

Last winter he started a new build with a Gen 5 blower instead of the 3 he has, a bigger cam, ported heads, and e85. He is shooting for like 400hp so it will be a riot.

1544206105110.png

Reactions: 3 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Well, he got the right year... they finally sorted out quite a bit of the issues in '88, then proceeded to stop making them.. (I had a '84 - Still wouldn't mind owning another one, just for sh*ts and giggles...)

-Gonz

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Well i ordered a walbro 255 fuel pump through ebay and I didnt change my address so it went to my old place. USPS claims it was delivered at my old place even though I have address forwarding on so i gotta meet the new residents and hope they don't need a walbro fuel pump.

In other news I am trying to figure out my fuel system. I have the astro van sender but want to have JIC flare on the pressure and return. I also need to modify my fuel return fitting since its too tall no matter what fitting layout I go with and hits the coolant x-over on the intake manifold.

I am going to have my TIG welding friend cut down some AN lines and make the assembly about 3/4" shorter to clear. Probably just cut the -6 fitting part out and butt weld the elbow to the fuel pressure regulator adapter fitting.
1544536348001.png

I dug through my fitting selection and found the parts I need to make adaptors on the sender. Going to cut the swivel end off the 45 and have my friend TIG the fittings directly to the sendor roughly in the position shown.

I ended up using 3 hose clamps and some EFI rubber line on the EFI sender in my 2+2, and then crimping on a barb fitting to JIC fitting on the end so i had a pigtail off the sender to the AN line I ran to the engine. Was never a fan of that and my return line leaked so I am abandoning that idea and doing something a bit more robust.
1544536413614.png

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
So this is what I am dealing with.

GN repop fuel lines are like $180 and I didn't want to deal with routing GN lines into the frame since I'm going braided stainless.

I bought an AN saginaw M14 to -6 but there wasn't enough room to the intake. Decided to chop it up and had some success until....
1544669539009.png

Efff.

Welding it is. Tried 1/8 NPT into the -6 fitting side but that failed.
1544669679419.png

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor