Do people not understand that you cant buy a used car and it be a ONE OWNER car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/d/trinity-1981-chevy-monte-carlo/6858701742.html

I read through the verbage on this and Im pretty sure this guy bought this car off a long term owner and still thinks he can call it one owner. If in this one instance hes the original owner and uses the word supposedly because hes not knowledgable about cars or hes listing for the original owner MY BAD YALL. Just direct this at the other 10,000 one owner cars with 5 owners.

If I read that listing, drove 5 hours, and he started talking about the original owner in third person Id be highly pissed.

One owner is a pretty cut and dry term meaning the ****ing car has one owner, not had. Every car had one owner.

I also will give any devils advocate yeah if you buy a one owner car and resell it its essentially still a one owner car but for the purposes of buying you are not buying it from the guy who bought and maintained it. You probably have a reseller or some other con man inserted into the equation. So it might as well be 5 owners.

Plus I know people plenty of rusted out original owner turds in their back yard. I want to talk to a guy who tells me the entire history of the car, thats buying a one owner car.

Last edited:

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I've seen that one in the local CL, looks like he's dropped the price $250...

I'm not going to give you a hard time on the "one owner" deal, but for me to need that status, it would have to be a collector car in pristine condition. this is what it is, an average mid sized car that was churned out by the hundred thousands. it's priced about right, and looks to be in decent shape. believe it or not, there are non-car guys out there that have no idea what is wrong with their car,or he may have inherited the car, and it's sat for awhile....

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Quite honestly, it doesn’t matter how many owners or miles it has. If it’s sat in that grass for a significant time, the underside of the car is junk.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
One owner to me means YOU purchased the vehicle brand new and it’s only ever been titled one time in your name. If you buy a one time titled vehicle and get it titled in your name, it’s no longer a one owner vehicle. Buying a house (aleast in Pa)you can get the entire history of previous owners. That would be nice for vehicles.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
It may be a one-owner car that the owner parked and never moved again. Title may even still be in their name. But when the rims are sunk down to the mud and the paint is almost dust it really doesn't matter does it?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
It may be a one-owner car that the owner parked and never moved again. Title may even still be in their name. But when the rims are sunk down to the mud and the paint is almost dust it really doesn't matter does it?
Very true, that would be a totally useless case to even refer to it as ONE OWNER

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
I also get annoyed at the “one owner” thing.

I’d call a flipper an owner as well, possession is 9/10ths the law, or something like that 😃.

The worst thing to me is all the people that state “all original” when you can spot multiple often large things that are clearly changed. Even if it’s things easily changed, original means original just like one owner means one owner. Those are black & white terms, no gray area.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor