door question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdakins

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2011
Madison heights, mi
When I bought my regal it had shaved doors. The guy lost the key pad, I was wondering how easy is it to convert back to door handles? Its a metal plate welded over the key hole and painted over.

tk76

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 1, 2013
Town of Tonawanda,NY
Depending how it was welded. The door skin could be to warped. May cause a problem with the outer door handle. Or you can get a door skin from a junk door cut the handle section out and graft it on to your door.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you have to get the car safetied to put it on the road you might have to revert the doors back to the door handles. A car with shaved doors here won't pass a safety

onyxxtreme

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2007
Ft Polk, LA
if I had to have a door handle again, I'de just replace the whole door, and swap all the good stuff over to the new door
But i would rather just leave it shaved, by getting a new reciever with remotes. THat would be the cheapest route, if all the shaved door kit components actually work

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor