Down and out (BACK AND RUNNING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techman

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2017
What kind of parts do you need? I have some parts I could hook you up with. I’m in Ft Wayne IN.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2 users

gbodytoys

G-Body Guru
May 1, 2014
Detroit, MI
After stressing out and thrashing for the last month trying to finish up the car for the car season I am out just a mere week after getting it on the road. Drove it to work and home today with no issues. I go to leave the house 30 mins after getting home and BAM, no oil pressure. I shut it down, check everything out and don't find any obvious problems.

Pull the hose off at the back of the gauge and crank it......nothing but air and a small spurt of oil. Pulled valve covers and found silver oil. My form of therapy is dead in the water.

My truck needs tires, I need the truck paid off, saving for a house, girlfriend is dropping hints about a ring, etc....looks like I'm pulling the wheels and tires and as much as I hate it, letting it sit. Shame is I can't even sell it as it is unless I wanna take a massive loss.

Don't mind my sob story. Do a burnout for your fallen G-body brother this year.

I feel your pain. I need to do some stuff to my house, my paint/body guy is in the hospital and I expect another delay. I haven't driven my car in almost 2 years. That's crazy after I've sunk thousands into it...I could have just put 5k down on a new Camaro SS and called it a day.

I'd say get the stuff you need, let your girlfriend wait a few years for a ring....or fix up your car(s) and get a new girlfriend afterwards.

Reactions: 1 user

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
What kind of parts do you need? I have some parts I could hook you up with. I’m in Ft Wayne IN.
I appreciate that but its engine parts lol. Not sure what it is at this point. Hopefully not much

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I feel your pain. I need to do some stuff to my house, my paint/body guy is in the hospital and I expect another delay. I haven't driven my car in almost 2 years. That's crazy after I've sunk thousands into it...I could have just put 5k down on a new Camaro SS and called it a day.

I'd say get the stuff you need, let your girlfriend wait a few years for a ring....or fix up your car(s) and get a new girlfriend afterwards.
Nah no way I would get a new girlfriend. Shes awesome. Just bad timing is all.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Junkyard motor time if you want to drive it.

When the transmission let go in our TBSS after Drag Week 2016. It sat from Oct 16 to Dec 17 waiting for a new transmission. I was broke AF after Drag Week and still trying to get the wagon done. I was forced to daily a '99 Taurus all that time in between transmissions... I was practically suicidal going from 11s to leftovers.

Set your priorities and come back to it when you are ready.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I feel your pain. Motor in and out three times this winter, then replaced the trans after all that. I'm always worried about every little noise it makes. Take some time and get back to it when you are ready.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Techman

Apprentice
Jul 18, 2017
I
I appreciate that but its engine parts lol. Not sure what it is at this point. Hopefully not much
figured it was engine parts. I have a 350 4 bolt block bored .040. A good crank and pistons and rods collecting dust at my house.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Nah no way I would get a new girlfriend. Shes awesome. Just bad timing is all.

an engine is alot easier to diagnose and fix than a relationship so when you have a good relationship going no reason to complicate over an engine that is not going anywhere...:)

Last edited:
  • Agree

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I feel for you but it could always be worse...no matter what

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor