Drag and Drive events 2023 edition

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I was watching sick week day 3. Happened to see 64nailhead run at the 5:14 mark on youtube(tom Bailey channel). Congrats on the PB, Monte Alban looks pretty good on the tv. It looks like the front is bouncing, is that from a wheelie or something else?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
RabbitHoleSS

It was from not enough power on the hit. I’m working in that. Tomorrow, hopefully, I’ll be putt in’ the wood to the front half. It’s getting out the back door pretty well.

Attachments

• C57C8F0F-4E4A-411E-8879-BD1355794283.jpeg
    C57C8F0F-4E4A-411E-8879-BD1355794283.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Monte Alban ( 64nailhead ) can also be seen in the Vice Grip Garage video for day 3 at about 8:15 running against a 4th gen F-Body. Go Jim!

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I created a spreadsheet to track the G-Bodys at Sick Week 2023

View attachment 216233
Cool sheet. Ethan Dunn is one of my buddies actually local here in Louisville. His pass yesterday he said the wastegates didn't catch, boost spiked to 46lbs!!!! Luckily the boost cut saved his *ss, but he thinks the motor is hurt. It has a 4bar map so they're gonna give it all the beans today and see if it holds lol!

• Wow

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
  • Winner

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I was watching sick week day 3. Happened to see 64nailhead It looks like the front is bouncing, is that from a wheelie or something else?

RabbitHoleSS

It was from not enough power on the hit. I’m working in that. Tomorrow, hopefully, I’ll be putt in’ the wood to the front half. It’s getting out the back door pretty well.
My comment wasn’t completely accurate. After watching the videos, I went out checked out the front end travel limiters and found they were set much looser than previous. So I’m sure that contributed to the bouncing a bunch. I’ll rectify that today and hoping to make the hit A LOT harder.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I seen you again today. As soon as I turned it on, there you were. Looks like you lifted, nothing broke did it?on that 9.4 run it looked like it was scooting down the back
My comment wasn’t completely accurate. After watching the videos, I went out checked out the front end travel limiters and found they were set much looser than previous. So I’m sure that contributed to the bouncing a bunch. I’ll rectify that today and hoping to make the hit A LOT harder.
You must be famous lol. I flicked on the youtube livestream and you were staging. Looked like u lifted maybe. I'm trying go see another pb so im looking, on a rainy boring day.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
We made it through the week, which is the 1st win. Tied for 1st was the time spent with my son. The 2nd win is the car isn't wounded. The 3rd win is a personal best ET, MPH and 60'. So all and all it was a very good week. The weather was a nice break as well.

I'm off from DnD events until Summit Midwest Drags that start on July 10th.

p.s. the 'Midwest Drags' aren't in the midwest this year, but rather VA, MD and NJ. Hoping to see some of you there.

Reactions: 8 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor