Drag Week 2020 CANCELED (THANKS, COVID19!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
This is really unfortunate. It is one of the things I have looked forward to every year for a very long time.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
This is really unfortunate. It is one of the things I have looked forward to every year for a very long time.
Not to worry. Still almost 6 months left this year for the wife to come through on the other one.

• Haha

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
My money behind the decision is on the discovery lawyers and one venue dropping out here and there wrecks stuff.

Hot Rod is owned by discovery these days and discovery has too many assets and too big of a name to afford getting murdered by the media for being "irisponsible" or "profit driven".

Plus the quagmire of finding event centers that will host. More power tour side of things, but drag week is bad too. The former car craft show in St Paul got cancelled this weekend because the state Fair grounds commitee said you can't have it here and they were unable to find a replacement venue.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
All it takes is one a-hole to get one of those daytime TV lawyers, and it's over forever.
I doubt anyone that hired pontiacgp would try to kill the event forever.....

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Nov 4, 2012
Not like my car would've been close to ready anyways but it makes me feel not as bad that I'm not missing it (again). I'll make it next year! 🤪

• Optimistic
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I’ve worked hard at the car to make it ready, despite the cancellation.
Presently Reminiscing with a couple of participants from last year remembering some shenanigans from last year.....

and missing it!

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It's kinda like having a kid: are you ever really "ready"? I see the HR/MT crew is at Rocky Mountain Race Week.
I'm glad I am getting the combo dialed in better. Lemieaux doesn't stand a chance, now!

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor