Dream restorations??

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dream Car - Being built

My dream G-body is a 20th Anniversary GTO, based on a Grand Prix. (Pontiac rwd that looks better than a leMans. 74 was Ventura and 2004 Holden, why not GP in 84). My car is/ will be

Stuff already done/ bought
1. Powered by Corporate 355 (chevy) with LT4 Hot Cam, Bow tie heads, 10.5:1 compression, Performer RPM Intake, and Demon 625 carb (see my photo).
2. 2004R Trans and 3.73 posi rear
3. 16" 1987 Formula wheels
4. Performance suspension and brake upgrades
5. Non-AC system
6. Leather PMD seats (see my photo). AC vents deleted on dash, 1999 TA Monsoon stereo
7. T-top car, with landau deleted (still need proper opera windows)
8. Shaker hood scoop (1978 TA)

Still to be done (this winter?)
1. Custom front grill (remove center of bumper and make one piece non-chome grill (think square 69' GTO grill)
2. Euro Monte or Cutlass headlights.
3. Custom spoiler
4. Dark burgandy/ dark cherry paint with silver accents.
5. GTO badges (superman shaped fender badge from 2004 because it has correct engine size, and other 60's era emblems for grill and trunk)
6. Possibly custom ram air hood to replace shaker (I have an extra hood)
7. 2000-2002 Blazer dual piston front brakes.

When done, I want the car to look like what a 25 year old GTO would look like. Not stock, but still identifiable.

I am finishing-up the body work (drastically behind schedule), and starting to build the interior. Hopefully going to the track (unfinished) next month. If it doesn't get in the 13's it doesn't get GTO badges (legacy to live-up to). I hope to have more pictures to post soon.

Somebody told me this was a Stupid idea, so I started the STOOPUD car club. Are you STOOPUD?

I am just now aquiring my first G-body, so the list is small, for now. This car is going to recieve most of the running gear from my current '79 Camaro project when it undergoes a full restoration and become a brand new car. I am somewhat like an alchoholic with his boose when it comes to my cars, so my wife and I were both dreading the few years it would take to restore the Camaro. So my Regal will serve as a daily driver/beater hot rod while I do the restoration to keep the both of us sane🙂
Once done with the Camaro, I want to start collecting classic muscle cars, so I really want the Regal to pretty much serve as a daily driver. I've got a well tuned 350 that can pull a reliable 12 second pass and still ease out 16 mpg on the highway. So I want to keep the Regal nice, fresh, clean paint, top mechanical shape, comfortable cruising and interior. Really just to enjoy driving a sweat musclecar while others around me continually chase after the newest and most fashionable. I work every day on the computer controlled cars, and want nothing more than simple mechanics and me controlling my car. After all, isn't that what Hot Rodding is all about?

My '84 Regal tubbed out with a narrowed 9", 12 gal fuel cell, plexi windows, welded doors, full cage, aluminum dash, fiberglass front clip, and a 200R4 all powered by a 720hp 572 crate engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor