driveshaft from chevy 350 to pontiac 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
84grandprix said:
Yes they r the 69 joints. ...I also think I saw someone post about grand national joints...the original stock caps fits from the 84 on to the 69 and if I put them on the 69 I have just a little wiggle will that matter?..or do I need them tight? ...or when I put clamp on it will it run just as same?
Well the straps hold them down but they should fit pretty snug and not stick out at all.

You need to properly measure to see what the correct length of the driveshaft is supposed to be, just because one appears to fit does not mean it is the right length.
You need to use a driveshaft with the 400 yolk on the front to fit the trans and you would need a conversion joint to adapt to your 7.5 rear to the size on the rear of the driveshaft, you don't have to do anything to the rearend except measure for the proper size conversion joint.

Attachments

• b.gif
    b.gif
    150 KB · Views: 358
Thanks for all the info guys. I've solved the issue and can wire up the engine now.

So how did you solve the problem>>?

I found out the 70 grand prix that has right caps on it had wrong transmission yoke on it. I was wondering why when I put it in it wasn't going in all the way and we'll that's why it was to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor