Dual round headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
doing a modification the op asked about is impossible to explain in a forum and you would need skills in a bunch of different fields to pull it off......that's why I suggested he contact the shop that did the job, they may have diagrams, molds and parts they may want to sell or they have a kit to do the mod.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
E36:

bmw-e36-l-01.jpg

E30 would be a better fit:

bmw-e30-m3-by-redux.jpg

The lights could look cool on the ElCo front if they'd be recessed by 2 or 3"
My bad, I'm more of a USDM kinda guy so my bimmer-fu is weak.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Gwarren79

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2018
Safford, AZ
88-98 Blazer/Tahoe headlights would look better in my opinion. Or Celebrity lights if you can find them.
Regardless, 5 inch lights might work if you got some buckets from a donor. Jeep maybe?

1967-1972 GMC
BMW 3-series

Reactions: 1 user

1982elcamino!

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2021
View attachment 158326
Anyone else ever try to do something like this with the headlights. If so how?
Don’t know if you still need an answer but I just did the conversion, I bought a pair of 7” Jeep headlights with amber halos as turn signals and a pair of 5” amber headlights. In order to mount I got motorcycle headlight mounting brackets on ebay. I did have to do some cutting and drilling but they fit the original mounting buckets and they look bad *ss. I have yet to mounted the finished product on the car but just go for it if you don’t care for the original look, I know I wasn’t a fan of the square headlights and front grill at all.

1982elcamino!

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2021
Don’t know if you still need an answer but I just did the conversion, I bought a pair of 7” Jeep headlights with amber halos as turn signals and a pair of 5” amber headlights. In order to mount I got motorcycle headlight mounting brackets on ebay. I did have to do some cutting and drilling but they fit the original mounting buckets and they look bad *ss. I have yet to mounted the finished product on the car but just go for it if you don’t care for the original look, I know I wasn’t a fan of the square headlights and front grill at all.

Attachments

• D7E80CE8-8CCF-43F5-9D3A-9FC348575B9D.jpeg
    D7E80CE8-8CCF-43F5-9D3A-9FC348575B9D.jpeg
    938.9 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I am interested to see how this looks on the car, I did a very similar bat sh*t crazy move with the blazer. Also did a Jeep round headlight in a very square body, I can't get the Bumblebee look out of my mind when I look at it. But think it looks really good once it is fully together

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 3 users

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I like it. My first thought was it would be cool to have black flip up headlights covers like the Lincoln's had in the late 70's. Or part of the grill cover them and flip up into the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor