dumb spark plug question

Status
Not open for further replies.

1983regal4door

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 2, 2009
i need to now what the proper spark plug gap for my engine should be 1973 350 factory dished piston with center bolt 58 cc heads any info would be appreciated

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
I want to say 40 gap. Dont quote me on that though. Cant remember because I always gap mine 5 over factory specs. I'm sure somebody will chime in but if you in a rush just go to your local parts store you frequent and they will be able to tell you. Heck if your like me you just walk in and get on the computer. They get mad when I ask for help. LOL

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
back in 73 the plugs were gapped at 35 but that was with a point system and they weren't using the heads your using. I would check what heads they are and use the plugs according to years for those heads...

mugzi

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2007
i would think 45...sbc if i'm not mistaken thats the gap for all sbc...if not we'll both learn something new

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
.060 is common for a low compression motor with HEI and EGR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor