CUTLASS Dye Color Needed- 1979 Cutlass

BlueCalais79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 3, 2021
Quick Question, does anyone know what SEM or Hi-Tech color code is used for the 1979 Cutlass Camel Tan interior, I used SEM Palomino on a console lid and shift indicator holder, but it is too light. I bought Hi-Tech Doeskin but that's way too light. Perhaps the dash and console have darkened over the years (?).

At least I will have a decent base coat when I do get the right color.

Thanks.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I dont think SEM makes a premade color but a few vendors sell color matched interior paint. Hope you used an adhesion promoter before you sprayed the parts.

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Quick Question, does anyone know what SEM or Hi-Tech color code is used for the 1979 Cutlass Camel Tan interior, I used SEM Palomino on a console lid and shift indicator holder, but it is too light. I bought Hi-Tech Doeskin but that's way too light. Perhaps the dash and console have darkened over the years (?).

At least I will have a decent base coat when I do get the right color.

Thanks.
Try these codes for cross reference. GM used 62 for your interior. PPG 24542 for semi gloss for all but the dash, 24664 for semi gloss & 24659 for low gloss on the dash. There should be a clear in low gloss if needed to reduce the shine on semi gloss. Any PPG shop should be able to mix what you in One Choice. Since PPG owns SEM the codes should cross easily.

Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
If you want to know a scary thing, you can try Rust-Oleum for plastic. The dark blue was spot on for color and is a whole lot less work. Clean,spray, done. And bonds to plastic good.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor