Edelbrock carb help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdavis1979

G-Body Guru
Feb 18, 2011
Clone TIE Pilot said:
Sounds like the carb is getting heat soaked causing the dripping after shutdown. The problem with all aftermarket carbs is that off the shelf they have generic specs instead of being setup to OEM, specs like a factory carb. The OEM, spent 1,000s of hours on R&D to achieve the correct specs for each engine application. It is why Qjets are not universal carbs, they are setup to match the engine they were intended for. Aftermarket carbs are just set up to whatever specs, and it is up to the owner to try out different adjustments to achieve a good tune. The stock Eddy float adjustment is probably not the height the engine needs and you have to try different heights to achieve the optimum adjustment. Other thing is aftermarket carbs are designed to be gas dumpers first with little regard for driveability, or efficiency.

Dont worry its good now. And no that wasn't the problem the carb is always ice cold i have a 1" phenolic spacer.
And i know what you mean im a Quadrajet guy. The only reason i bought this carb is a buddy i had that worked at autozone gave me 50% off a few years ago

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Good to hear you got everything working better. E10 gas has a lower boiling temp which can cause heat soak at lower temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor