EFI (in-tank return or run another line)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I only did that to have a return back to the tank and run a single line up front. cheap option to have a filter and the return in a small package
But you don't need to. The Holley had a built in regulator and it dumps back into the tank just above the pump.

Reactions: 1 user

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
But you don't need to. The Holley had a built in regulator and it dumps back into the tank just above the pump.
I did not realize that. Doesn't say anything about it in the instructions and Holley tech support said I could use it for a fuel return when I installed it last year, but I do see on their website that it states that in the description now. it did not when I bought it. I may try running a different fuel filter and add a vent filter to that line and see if it makes any difference.

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Yes it does. I just bought one, also says it online.
Screenshot_20210310-093200_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

wskirvin

Master Mechanic
May 22, 2017
Indianapolis, In
Yes it does. I just bought one, also says it online.
View attachment 170139

I see that and just saw it on their website now. just like i already stated. but pull up the instructions and its not mentioned anywhere about the lines. I installed this last spring and went off the info from Holley Tech Support, glad you dont have to use a return now. makes things easier. no need to beat a dead horse about it.

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Just trying to help

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
So, I've got an evap delete for the intake manifold. I guess I could connect the vent line of the holley sending unit to the charcoal canister in the attached photo from the original post, but I was planning on getting rid of that charcoal canister like everybody else. I figure now the rubber line to the carb is similar in function to the evap line on my LM7.

What should I do with the gas tank vent line (second barb of the holley sending unit)? Should I just put a rubber hose on it and let it dangle and vent fumes under the body?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    439.2 KB · Views: 114

gearheaddrew

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2019
Bay City MI
So, I've got an evap delete for the intake manifold. I guess I could connect the vent line of the holley sending unit to the charcoal canister in the attached photo from the original post, but I was planning on getting rid of that charcoal canister like everybody else. I figure now the rubber line to the carb is similar in function to the evap line on my LM7.

What should I do with the gas tank vent line (second barb of the holley sending unit)? Should I just put a rubber hose on it and let it dangle and vent fumes under the body?
Your vent line should be mounted as high as possible and above the filler neck. I found the O.E. mounting locations for the feed and vent line is a good spot above the axle.

My Tanks Inc. tank came with one of these https://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/...duct_id=98/category_id=-1/mode=prod/prd98.htm

I attached it to my vent port and mounted above the axle.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
I didn't want to relocate my battery to the trunk so I bought this relay kit to wire up my Holley EFI fuel pump: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rfw-fp36

Does anybody have an opinion on how to route this? Should I run it through a hole in the trunk (with grommet) along a frame rail under the car up to a terminal block in the engine bay, maybe share 12V on the terminal block with the fan relays? Is there a convenient ignition power wire back there near the trunk/gas_tank/lights? My Haynes manual is showing the backup lights are wired to "DIR SIG/BU FUSE 20A" which is hot in RUN and START. That seems like a good place to connect, but is there something y'all have used that's better?

Fuel pump wiring: https://documents.holley.com/199r11469.pdf

Evap delete doesn't matter, you can still have the can, it helps with fuel smell.

For a stock build, walbro inline pump and return from stock truck rails. Replace carb rubber line with 100psi efi fuel line and use hose clamps. Single relay to fire pump controlled by ecu, 12ga wire from relay to pump mounted as close to tank as possible.

Don't over think it.

Reactions: 2 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Evap delete doesn't matter, you can still have the can, it helps with fuel smell.

For a stock build, walbro inline pump and return from stock truck rails. Replace carb rubber line with 100psi efi fuel line and use hose clamps. Single relay to fire pump controlled by ecu, 12ga wire from relay to pump mounted as close to tank as possible.

Don't over think it.
I was just looking at my fuse/relay center on the harness and it has a 30A relay for the fuel pump. My question is about where to run the 12-ga wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor