EFI (in-tank return or run another line)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
To the pump.
Yeah I'm being stupid. I guess I'll find the routing of the fuel tank level gage wire and route it with that. Thank you for your responses. Yes I will be using the factory hard lines. Wiring kind of scares me a bit but I'll figure it out.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Yeah I'm being stupid. I guess I'll find the routing of the fuel tank level gauge wire and route it with that. Thank you for your responses. Yes I will be using the factory hard lines. Wiring kind of scares me a bit but I'll figure it out.
Don't over think it. If you aren't going to attempt BIG power an external 255 walbro will be more than enough on pump gas. The stock with return has a built in regulator and has proven to supply 1000hp under boost. The return can be a 50psi rubber line back to the tank, with hose clamps.

Reactions: 2 users

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Don't over think it. If you aren't going to attempt BIG power an external 255 walbro will be more than enough on pump gas. The stock with return has a built in regulator and has proven to supply 1000hp under boost. The return can be a 50psi rubber line back to the tank, with hose clamps.
The regulator return is in the tank on this holley 255lph sniper unit I have. I will be using the driver side hardline for the vent just because it is there. I don't want to run a lot of stray dumbass wires all over the car. I have to connect the battery or switched power to specified terminal on this relay and the fuel pump to the other specified terminal. I would like to be elegant about it. I'm probably going to put a terminal block in the engine bay somewhere for this fuel pump wire and the fans, unless that's dumb.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
The regulator return is in the tank on this holley 255lph sniper unit I have. I will be using the driver side hardline for the vent just because it is there. I don't want to run a lot of stray dumbass wires all over the car. I have to connect the battery or switched power to specified terminal on this relay and the fuel pump to the other specified terminal. I would like to be elegant about it. I'm probably going to put a terminal block in the engine bay somewhere for this fuel pump wire and the fans, unless that's dumb.
What intake are you going to run?

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
What intake are you going to run?
I'm using stock truck manifold from drive by wire 5.3l. I epoxied threaded inserts into existing bosses for the drive by cable bracket, and mounted cable throttle body from early 2000s F-body LS1.

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020

Attachments

• 20210423_084436.jpg
    20210423_084436.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 92

doood

Amateur Mechanic
Sep 24, 2020
Then you are good to go.
So, I ordered 50' of 12 AWG speaker wire red/black PVC-insulated copper and will try to run along with and wire-tie to the fuel gage wire in the undercarriage to the pump. I'll mount to a terminal block to battery somewhere in the engine bay and feed 12 AWG red/black with 15A fuse from terminal block through firewall to pump relay on fuse box in kick panel. I'll also use this terminal block for power to dual fan relays, which are ground-triggered by my ECM through a pair of wires provided for that purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor