EGR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim L

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2023
Hey folks. Does anyone know of a company that makes EGR block off plates that will work on my 85 Monte with a stock 305?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Plenty probably do, but hardly anyone will sell them anymore it seems. EPA is tightening their stranglehold on anyone selling equipment for bypassing emissions stuff. Thank you to all the coal rollers out there, you idiots.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Most EGR delete plates are too thin and eventually will lift and leak. Best just to run EGR anyway, especially since an 85 Monte Carlo should have fine computer controlled EGR.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
With EGR you get to run a lot more timing. Delete it at your own risk. You can just unhook and plug the vacuum line and leave it in place, or carve a nice looking plate out of steel or aluminum.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Jim L

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 25, 2023
I’m probably going to make a plate on my own. I’ll use the gasket as a template.

Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I’m probably going to make a plate on my own. I’ll use the gasket as a template.

Better make it a thick plate. The mounting bases of EGR valves are thick cast iron for a reason. Thin delele plates will eventually lift and leak on you. Best method to delete EGR would be to swap a non EGR intake manifold into place. Also you will need a 87 or 88 ECM with a GM ZZ4 PROM to delete the EGR function from the computer. Though the ZZ4 chip has a hotter tune than the stock L69 chip and much hotter than the lowly LG4 chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor