el camino quarter panel patch panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
hi i have a 1984 el camino and i was in a wreck about a year ago in my el camino and it messed up my quarter panel right behind the door. i have been looking for a replacement quarter panel for awhile now. i have found the ones online but cigger on them due to shipping being so expensive. well yesterday i ran across this on jegs and i was wondering how hard do you guys think it would be to use this patch panel? what would be required to do this. thanks for the help. also if you notice in the picture of my el camino my wheel looks to be crooked what would cause this do i have more damage then just cosmetic?

here is the patch panel and its only 63 bucks and i measured and it would be a perfect fit length and height wise
455-710-57L_zps0dbae0e9.jpg

here is the damage to my el camino
8d1bba4b.jpg

malibu80

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2008
Seattle washington
FYI, there's an 80 or 81 El Camino at South End Auto wrecking in Renton and an 80 El Camino up in Arlington at the Pic N Pull. Body is intact on both vehicles.
Glad to see you still have the car.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
x2 on the sawzaw. You're gonna need it anyway to cut the quarter off of your's.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I would cut the biggest rust free panel you can get while you have access to that car. It would suck getting it all fixed and then some idiot backs into you or something and then not being able to find one in the junkyards. JMO

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
You're going to need more than just that patch panel...
It looks like your inner-rocker panel and outer-wheelhouse are pushed in as well.
Assuming your car is as rust free as it looks, I would just take it to a body shop and have it pulled out, and you can do the rest after that or let them finish it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor