electric choke wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Looks like someone already used that spot for something....

Attachments

• 20190812_152230.jpg
    20190812_152230.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 193

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Why aren't any of you guys just using the 12v power used to run the CCC system? It's already wired into the fuse box and the wire is already routed into the engine compartment. This is what I used. Used factory connectors and everything. Very clean setup and no splicing or hokey connectors needed.

Reactions: 1 user

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Why aren't any of you guys just using the 12v power used to run the CCC system? It's already wired into the fuse box and the wire is already routed into the engine compartment. This is what I used. Used factory connectors and everything. Very clean setup and no splicing or hokey connectors needed.
I'm not sire if the factory plug is even on the car. The motor has been swapped with a 70s 403

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Got it all wired up. Started up after a couple cranks. Shut the car off. Waited. Then started right up again. Went to check with the multimeter but I think it's broke 😐 not getting any reading on any setting even when I put it on the battery. Hopefully it works. I ended up disconnecting the wires that were hanging by the O2 sensor. Taped a wire to it so when I pulled it thru the firewall it pulled the new wire thru as well. Used the ground wire that was also hanging by the O2 sensor and had enough wire to bring it up and connect it to the carb. I'm assuming the O2 sensor was never functional since it wasnt hooked up and was probly acting as a exhaust plug.

Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I thought you were wiring up the choke, now I am confused as to :wtf:are you doing............:popcorn:

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I did wire the choke. I basically use wires that wasn't hooked up to the O2 sensor and made them for my choke

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
🤔🤔🤔

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

it's all your fault, you told him to use the wires of the CCC system... :giggle:

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor