Electric fan setup

Bri guy

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
if you have a 180 thermost and it runs cooler than 180 then you have an issue with the gauge and/or sender.....or your thermost isn't closing
I think your right. Drove it for a while and just stayed at 160. Also took sandpaper to the pulley grooves followed by purple power to clean everything off. Seemed better but still a small squeal...i tightened after a driving and still has a small squeal...probly just get a smaller fan or one with less pitch.......or see what I can play with at the junk yard

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think your right. Drove it for a while and just stayed at 160. Also took sandpaper to the pulley grooves followed by purple power to clean everything off. Seemed better but still a small squeal...i tightened after a driving and still has a small squeal...probly just get a smaller fan or one with less pitch.......or see what I can play with at the junk yard
I've had new thermosats that were junk from the beginning. I test new thermostats before I install them

olds307 and 403

olds307 and 403

Geezer
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Post a pic of your belt set up. You cannot remove the A/C belt on Vin Y 307 cars due to only one belt running off the crank. The Vin 9 as well as earlier cars had a triple crank pulley and double groove power steering pulley, so removing the A/C still allows enough contact.

olds307 and 403

olds307 and 403

Geezer
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I removed the A/C on a 81 Delta 88 with the factory 5 blade clutch fan. Squealed till it burnt the belt off.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor