REGAL Electric fans worth it on stock engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Those 2000 Camaro fans look like a nice fit. The Cutlass top plate makes it easy to install electric fans. I have mid 2000's Dodge Stratus fans. They pull 40+ amps on high and move air well. All the cheaper controllers fail, many don't work new out of box. I am going with a Davies Craig dual relay controller eventually. My 88 currently has a Flexalite single 40 amp relay controller. The Probe was bad out of box so I just have it set up to come on with the key. I also have a direct to battery toggle switch as an emergency back up.

Reactions: 2 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Those 2000 Camaro fans look like a nice fit. The Cutlass top plate makes it easy to install electric fans. I have mid 2000's Dodge Stratus fans. They pull 40+ amps on high and move air well. All the cheaper controllers fail, many don't work new out of box. I am going with a Davies Craig dual relay controller eventually. My 88 currently has a Flexalite single 40 amp relay controller. The Probe was bad out of box so I just have it set up to come on with the key. I also have a direct to battery toggle switch as an emergency back up.
On my Pontiac, we burned up the first $80 controller, so I bought a cheap controller just to control the high/low relay, so there was no load going through the controller and a $2 relay was all that needed replacing, if something broke. We had extra relays in the glove box.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The main reason I want a Davies Craig controller because it has decent reviews, adjustable digitally and should have replaceable dual 40 amp relays. All the other ones failed in one way or another.

Reactions: 1 user

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
For those of you interested in efan upgrades and are considering using Camaro dual fans, here is an installation update. I ordered a Painless Dual Fan Relay Kit (P/N 30117) and am glad to share that this kit comes with a pair of cooling fan connectors. Therefore, you don't need to hunt around for the right connectors and truly makes the installation straight forward!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor