elky drag car build

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2009
wilmington nc
i'm not to worried about a 8.8,i have several friends with 9 and 10 sec mustangs running c clips and stk axles,every 7.5 10 bolt i ever shattered was not the axle but the carrier,a set of moser's or stranges would not have done any good

jimmyp618

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2009
I run a 7-5/8 posi with 28 spline moser g/n axles with 3.42 in my BBB455 powered elco . And everyone knows that the buicks BB are some stump pullin torque monsters. But i do not run a drag radial which i dont plan on it , I am happy with the times it produces and dangling the left front just seems to rock lol. And if the carrier does decide to let go there a dime a dozen in every junkyard.

schoust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2009
I am going this exact same way Jimmy! Like you said they are cheap and plentiful in the bone yard. Are you running an OD trans? Anything special about the setup when doing this on a Peg leg 7.5??

jimmyp618

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2009
Mine is a posi carrier, and Im running it on a 400 turbo , 3300 stall with a stage 2 kit.

schoust

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 29, 2009
I don't know Jimmy I have been running the numbers and for a little more 600-800 dollars I can have a real rear end that I can abuse as needed! The budget really is not there but if I don't find a 7 5/8 rear soon I will just call Currie and or Tom's. What do you guy's think about going with a brand new Eaton posi with the best Moser axles that I can get for this rear? Will that hold up to racing abuse? I do not want to spend the cash for nothing....

tusk

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2009
wilmington nc
for 600-800 you could put a 8.8 in it,and if it comes from a v-8,it will have a limited slip and probably 3.23 gears,but a new set of ford motorsport 3.73 or 4.10's can be had for 150.00.get some ranger drums and redrill the axles and you have a 5 lug rear,just off the top of my head,with the upper control arms,a set of gears,and a used complete rear and new drumsyou should have a little over 700.00 in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor