engine idle too high...

Status
Not open for further replies.

83cutlasssedan

Greasemonkey
May 16, 2007
Manitoba, Canada
Found a small vacuum leak around the vacuum modulator for the transmission. Put some thread sealer on the fitting and sealed it up. Seems to shift better now too. Couldn't find any other leaks going around with a modest amount of brake cleaner spray. I noticed a nut on the pax side of the throttle arm, I wonder if I loosen it will I be able to adjust the entire arm? Also, found a spot where the throttle cable was binding when it was on the fast idle cam making it stick a little so fixed that too. Haven't rechecked the idle yet. Will give edelbrock a call tomorrow and see what they say.
I checked my heat riser once I found it-actually on the drivers side manifold(I had been looking on the pax side). The vacuum line is hooked up but it doesn't close when the engine is cold. It does move freely by hand. This wouldn't hinder performance would it-only cold engine economy right? Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor