Engine issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
82cutty said:
It could be either a bad plug wire or a bad / cracked plug.... When did it dtart to happen? Was the engine new or old? I would squirt down the plug wires with Spray-9 and run it in the dark to see if anything is jumping. I had a bad wire on my 88 302 Ford engine that was shorting out to the metal heat tape and arching to the header one time.
Steve

the block has maybe 600 miles since last rebuild, but this started when i changed out my head from the worlds prod. to the AFR's and the cam swap, so the top end is brand new from the timing chain up

Attachments

• Del%20Thomas.jpg
    Del%20Thomas.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 160

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
recheck the timing chain, it might be just far enough off...
other than that, fuel pressure and volume?

chpbstrd1

Apprentice
Jan 23, 2009
Have you put a vacuum gauge on it? Vacuum leaks can hide, cracked hoses, cracked carb baseplates, etc. Spraying WD 40 at potential leak areas will help find the location if there is a leak. You will hear rpm rise or fall if you spray an area where a vacuum leak exists. Carb cleaner works also if you feel sporting.

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
Well after changing multiple intake gaskets and timing chains / gear drive, turns out to be that damn perceys ajust-a-jet...mot going to bad mouth the product but i guess i had a bad one. It worked great but the screw was a tad tight "probally cross threaded" and after adjusting it a few times it probally elongated the hole...so now i just have that of idle stumble to kill and i'll be on my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor