engine knock

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
first things first, theres also a possibility that theres a broken ring.

second, pour some in slowly and have it idled above 1000rpm, then after it runs for a couple minutes after you do that bring idle up again and pour the rest in until it stalls. if it doesnt stall you have too much blow by in your rings (the whole reason you are doing this is to get rid of that) then start it again and take it for a good long hard run. that should clean the rings good. hope this helps a little bit.

87MonteSS

Master Mechanic
Jan 3, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Guys, be careful of the advice you give!

If you dump water down the carb too fast/too much you could hydro lock the engine and take almost every ring out. Pour the water in SLOWLY.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
thanks for the warnings about too much water...I should know better than to depend on some people using common sense... :?

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
I used sea foam last time i changed my oil. You pour it in slow with the engine a little higher than idle. You turn the motor off when half the can is gone and let it sit for five minutes. Then you turn on your car and watch TONS of black crap fly out your exhaust! (I don't have cat converter so i get a lot of crap out the back). I then repeat with the rest of the bottle. I heard the water works even better! It's also cheap! lol. I need to do it when i change my oil tomorrow and I'm trying the Lucas oil additive anyone try this yet?

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
well I changed the oil. It was so bad that it would not flow through my fram quick drain plug. It was so nasty and thick. Put in a gallon of Max life and a quart of the Lucas oil additive. Then I did the steam clean thing (pouring water into the carb) It cleaned it really well. The steam was burning my eyes after a while. Now it starts really easy and no knock when I drove back to college campus.

ONE EYE

Greasemonkey
Aug 24, 2006
in front of the computer...
you dirty dirty boy. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor