GBOTM ENTRIES - May '18 - Original Paint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
why don't you put that picture in.....

Well, that and I thought about taking another even more scattered version but scattered and filthy dusty I wouldn’t stand a chance against some of these shots I’ve already seen.

At least . . . not yet :wax:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Well, that and I thought about taking another even more scattered version but scattered and filthy dusty I wouldn’t stand a chance against some of these shots I’ve already seen.

At least . . . not yet :wax:

there are no rules that you can't use the photo you just posted...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014

Fixed it... mobile device always autocorrects and finishes extra words into a post. Held down the backspace deleting whole words a bit too long it seems.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Guys; Of course this is theme that I had always figured I had in the bag. Kinda considered the Bronze Brick paint to be a 97%er among the cars of the period. Even as the 86-7's had 7-8 years less exposure. For you guys that don't do percent, that's out of every 100 cars the Ole' Brick paint was still one of the best 3? But this theme doesn't necessarily mean the winner has to have Best Original Paint, just that it has to have "Original Paint". So nasty paint on a Fantastic car could easily WIN?? Or is that fantastic paint on a Nasty car. Oh now I'm confused, Ole' Bob.

Last edited:

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
My 78 wagon wearing its original paint, or whats left of it lol.

loweredbu.jpg
carshow.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

79 GP 4 speed

Master Mechanic
Nov 12, 2017
Confused... if it's original paint there IS NO clear coat. These cars came new with lacquer, early repaints urethane enamel. Not a base/clear. If clear is peeling, it's not original paint....
Maybe the paint is worse than I thought, sorry didn't realize they didn't have clear coat then

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Reactions: 1 user

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
AFEB1DA4-B5F1-40D6-ABED-BE65331F3B00.jpeg
Well, I got shut out with my Malibu the last time I entered. Maybe the Bonneville will do better!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor