Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yes. The reason I bought the Unis is so I could pre-oil a spare filter for each bike to bring along on my OBDR ride. Normally I'd just clean, oil and reuse.

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Did 60 miles of this yesterday.
20200618_133300.jpg

Today I mowed a couple acres of lawn at my parents' house.
20200619_134326.jpg

And theeeennnnn...

Starting in on a dumb little project. My 5x6 tilt trailer that I bought a year and a half ago is waaay beyond due for new decking. The replacenent plywood has been leaning up in the corner of the garage for well over a year. I decided that since I was going that far, might as well clean it up bit and give it a coat of paint too.

I found a bent crossmember (where the crowbar is pointing) but luckily its fairly flimsy so I just used a baby sledge to send it back home.

This stupid thing is covered in old stickers. Unfortunately all but one are that thin silver backed type that can't be peeled off. Now I get to do it the tedious way.

Not sure I'll have time to get back over there tomorrow. Maybe Sunday.

Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I tried this experiment because a $10 quart of paint and a $10 HF gun was cheaper than rattle cans. It actually turned out decent.

The 2x6 side rails are done. Just letting the WaterSeal on all the wood dry overnight then it's done.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I do the same with a lot of my junk. 75% rustololeum 25% Acetone and a splash of hardener in a cheapie gun does a decent enough job. Looks good !

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yeah, I wouldn't want to paint anything I cared about with that purple POS. But I will hang on to it for when I get around to redoing my car trailer. The Rustolium can said 15% Acetone but I just eyeballed it.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Not a whole lot has gotten done since the wagon sold. Glad to have that behind me.

We had people visiting for most of last week so I was focused on house/yard work before they flew in. We hosted a 3rd of July BBQ too because that's when our town does fireworks. Usually Main Street and the waterfront are pretty packed but it was really sparse this year. No pics because...who cares?

With only a few days left until the OBDR ride, I got the oil changed in both as well as the steering bearings replaced on the white bike.

The white one has developed an oil leak at the main shaft and it weeps a little at the kickstarter so I just ordered up all the seals and the LS engine cover gasket. I tore into it this morning only to find that they shipped me the wrong seal. I'll have to find something local or else just replace 3/4 and put it back together. I guess I can always pack a bottle of oil.

Since the work day was a bust, I went on a 100 mile ride over some familiar roads. Riding helps me think more clearly.

Reactions: 6 users
Nov 4, 2012
I see a third door which means a later model, so I'm assuming Vortec? Nice truck.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I love those trucks. My second truck was an 89 C1500 Cheyenne,regular cab, long bed, 2wd with a 305 and a 700R4. My first V8. I still miss that truck.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor