Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Was mowing in front of my house today and noticed something sticking out of the dirt. Turned out to be a wheel gun. Once I verified it wasn't loaded I took it inside to clean it up a little. I just used soap and warm water with a soft brush because I didn't want to harm the patina if it turned out to be collectible. Couldn't find any useful proof marks but it's got what appear to be ivory grips. They are engraved "Legends of the West" so I'm thinking it might have been limited production or possibly a custom build. I was amazed to find that the trigger and hammer were free but I can't seem to get the cylinder to spin. Also, it looks like maybe it experienced a squib or something on the left side of the barrel. I'm sure a good smith could fix it. Hoping you guys can identify it for me as soon as I can manage to get photos up, that way I can ask a fair price since it's not really my thing and I probably won't keep it. Would something like this maybe be C&R eligible? I don't know a whole lot about revolvers.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Here we go...
20180606_172306.jpg
20180606_172253.jpg

I'd appreciate any guidance. :D

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Also this happened...
20180606_144510.jpg

As much as I wanted to see how it played out, those bull snakes are 100x more useful than the stupid sparkle-chickens so I threw some stick until the bird left.

Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I grabbed a couple items for my TW that are reportedly worthwhile upgrades. First item was an LED headlight bulb.

This was 2-fold. First, the original bulb wasn't that bright. Secondly, these don't have a very robust charging system and I've found that while putting around in the hills with my high beam on it sometimes couldn't keep up. Its a single phase system and I guess they need to be revved to put out much current. This new bulb is supposed to only draw 3A compared to the H4's 5A. Hoping this helps. It's noticeably brighter and I can see light off of other objects in full-sun daylight.

The other item is some 1.25" bar risers. I'll need to do a day ride to see if it's a big payoff or not.

I'm picking up the Rainbro Warrior this weekend and already have a small pile of parts for it too.

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Incremental progress.
Shower done.

Granite and carpet installed.

About half the plumbing done.

I finally finished the library light.

And the excavator came in to prep for the last of the concrete and finish grade prep. No pics because...dirt.

Reactions: 7 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
While I was working up there this afternoon, brown dog managed to chase a prairie dog under the stairs in the basement. It's in a spot I can't physically reach so the doors are open and hopefully it'll find it's way out tonight.

It would also appear that we've got a fresh batch of disposable mouse traps. Caught a pic of this one yesterday while it was hunting and saw another smaller one with similar markings a couple nights earlier.

Stood on the deck for a few minutes this afternoon. The breeze was just right. Can't wait to unpack the hammock.

But not for a couple more weeks. Tonight, it's me and brown dog drinking cider and eating some sloppy nachos at the single-wide.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor