DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Still.
Not.
****ing.
Done.

We're supposed to get the final inspection on Tuesday. So, if we don't fail for anything, we'll be watching fireworks from the deck.

The dude that bought the manufactured home is ready. We're all moved out so it should happen soon. I spent today mowing and removing cyclone fence panels and getting things out of the way for the house movers.

...annnnd...we wait.

Reactions: 9 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Hope all goes well with the final inspection, been a long time coming!

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You're not kidding. Thanks for the well wishes.

Reactions: 2 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
Not done but the house, location & view are beautiful!!!!

Congrats.

After seeing this, wondering again where I've went wrong n life -- haha

Still.
Not.
****ing.
Done.

We're supposed to get the final inspection on Tuesday. So, if we don't fail for anything, we'll be watching fireworks from the deck.

The dude that bought the manufactured home is ready. We're all moved out so it should happen soon. I spent today mowing and removing cyclone fence panels and getting things out of the way for the house movers.

...annnnd...we wait.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Passed the final and got the C of O yesterday but haven't started moving in because the painters still aren't done. They were supposed to be there working yesterday but never showed up. The cleaning crew came in, did a half-*ss job and managed to scratch up my new fridge. I'm beyond frustrated. We still went up there and watched fireworks from the deck though. My little town does their thing on the third.

One bright spot was getting this little project finished. I've been collecting parts for over a year. Colts are for commoners. GM for me. Mix of old and new.
20180703_105527.jpg
20180703_164403.jpg
20180703_164429.jpg
20180703_164411.jpg
20180703_164507.jpg

Murica, y'all.

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Sweet
I wanted to kill my contractor at the end for all the petty bull****. I later went on to build 3 commercial sites and I deal with contractors/policy holders daily. It seems there is a trait on contractors to give up at the end of a project when all the final details really matter. We moved in on Thanksgiving day with no CO. Had Dairy Queen for Thanksgiving dinner

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, for some perspective on my contractor, I only have 2 complaints. First, he's too nice and lets his subs get away with stuff that I never would. He ends up redoing things that they either screw up or just don't finish. Second, he's preparing for some other huge projects and I think my place just isn't a priority any more. If this place had been finished a couple months ago like it was supposed to be that probably wouldn't be an issue.
My big gripe is with the subs. They are unreliable and need constant supervision when they do show up. Then they do 95% of the job and disappear...but not before damaging something or making a huge mess first.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
When we left off...
20180611_151716.jpg

I further de-rainbro'd the warrior. Removed most of the stickers, washed and scotchbrite scrubbed the plastics and refinished them with Krylon Fusion "safety blue". Not a perfect match but not far off either. New fork gators, grips, and seat cover. I'll be checking in with a powder coater next week about blasting and coating the racks.
20180704_122222.jpg
20180704_153411.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Dude, if you're paying someone, you should be their #1 priority, not their next job.
The place looks awesome, and I'm still trying to figure out how to be like you.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor