Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Lava flow and big volcanic crater outside of Jordan Valley. Coffeepot crater I think it's called. Close to there is a rafting takeout and ranger station on a piece of ground that used to be a farm. Big water wheel down on the river they used for irrigation, a bunch of old equipment including two old trucks with hay forks off of the rear end. Self unloading, steering column modified to face the rear. Real farm smarts there. They recommend 4wd/awd only on the road that goes down to the river. Beautiful canyon going down there too. This stuff is surrounded by the most desolate expanse of land in the country. It will kill you.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
From what I've seen I can attest that there's a whole lotta nuthin' out that direction. Pretty diverse region though. Can travel from river to grassy meadow to sparse sagebrush to lava beds to swamp in a matter of minutes. We rode all day Saturday and only saw a group camping near the headwaters and passed 2 Dodge trucks near Freezout the entire time. Only saw about a dozen cattle at one of the troughs, one doe and a huge antelope buck on the way to the air strip. No rabbits, no coyotes.

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Dude, that sh*t is so awesome it makes me wonder where I went wrong in life. Well, I got a few ideas..., maybe I shoulda done better .......
I agree with what he said. Seems like you live in a fantasy life. Will you be my mentor?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Lots of available housing and jobs. Come on over.

• Friendly

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
This week on This Unfinished House...

Stone work...not quite half done.
20180522_193202.jpg
20180522_193149.jpg

Laminate and vinyl flooring...but no carpet.
Cabinets...installed but some needs redone.
20180525_173649.jpg

20180525_173702.jpg

20180523_173740.jpg

20180523_174545.jpg

Arches...that need to be redone.
20180525_173740.jpg

And tile work in the shower...with only 90% to go.
20180525_174003.jpg
20180525_174012.jpg

Clock is ticking. I'm getting impatient.
So, today I went and bought all the appliances then dropped sinks off at the granite shop.
Long way to go and a short time to get there.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
So many trades. Hang in there. It will be worth it when it is done. Where do the other houses the builder is working on stand?

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You're right, it'll be worth it and all will be forgotten in a few months.
Mine is technically his last house. He just finished his own and is still unpacking from moving in. He and his wife had been living in his travel trailer for the last couple months. He's also moving his mom in with him. Her house sold in less than a day if that gives you an idea of what the housing market is like right now.
He's in the middle of a business transition with his son. He'll be stepping back from the actual contracting side of it and doing strictly office work while his son takes over the day to day. I believe they're working on 3 other houses right now (2 joint ventures with my dad) but the son is really the one doing the bulk of the work now.
The other factor is proximity. My house is probably 30 minutes away so it's not convenient for him to be here a lot. I report progress and problems and he handles most of it remotely. I see him maybe once a week.
It'll get done. Just not nearly as soon as I'd hoped.

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
looking good man
These things take time with GC’s. My dad and I had a gc company in ny. But we did renovations not new construction bit saw the same thing up there with builds

At least your not down here. Worst contractors ever in s florida. Lucky if they even show up
I try to do everything myself

Keep the updates coming. I always like to see builds and styles etc

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Neon windshield replaced.
Looked at a bunch of Matrix/Vibes over the last 2 weeks but passed on all of them.
My dad lost #2 exhaust lobe last night on his El Camino so watch for future work on it in a week or 2.

Also forgot to post a couple weeks ago, he finished up his winter boat project and we did some lake testing.

And work continues on the house...slowly.

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor