Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Depending on the source and how you interpret it, median Idaho household income is $50-60k. I'd think with your skillset you'd be able to do well above that on your own.

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Thanks. That is about twice as much as Iowa, not including Desmoine. That is kind of what I figured. Around here 100000 combined income is considered comfortable. If I would be making 100000 my self out there that would be a different story. Good to dream though!
The cost of living here is a wash. 100k is good money here. Our groceries tend to be cheaper, gas is more. My parents lived on the iowa/Missouri border for 15 years, had a brother live in Des Moines for ten years too. We don't have personal property tax, etc. A gallon of milk is 1.80 here. Bla bla bla. Our stuff doesn't rust.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
More trailer work today. The tongue pivot was pretty sloppy due to a worn bolt and egged out holes.

I welded washers over the holes through the tongue and frame and replaced the bolt. Also welded up a couple frame cracks I ran across too.

There were no stake pockets on the front so I added them. Picked up some plywood and 2x4s a couple days ago. More to come.

Reactions: 5 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Just for you. I had to scoop out my fence in the horse lot because the ponies could walk right out of a five foot fence.
20190303_142038.jpg
You and your green grass, grrrr!

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Looks like I forgot to update the trailer. It has sides now. I built them last Saturday, snapped the photo, took them back off and gave them a good slathering of Thompsons Water Seal, then leaned them in the corner. All ready for the swap meet.

I also have a sheet of 3/4" to replace the floor and half gallon of sealer left. I think I want to repaint the trailer first though. Maybe after the swap meet.

Today I aired up the tires and took the b*st*rd Scrambler for a ride. Man, that thing sounds good! It needs a new home. I probably won't miss it much. But, man, it sounds good!

Then I washed the Indian and went for a ride. I know it's stupid, but I still get a silly grin when I look at it.

Another one of my rides to nowhere. I still love it here.

Reactions: 7 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Gathering up my swap meet stuff today. Headed down early Thursday and picking up Jerod on the way. Forecast calls for lots of rain -- which usually means poor sales.

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Portland.

Listed the b*st*rd Scrambler last night. Ad within a thread since there's no Non-G classifieds...

I'm not even going to down play this. Rolling up on this bike produces only two reactions. Guys want to be you and chicks wanna be with you. It devours mountain trails and liquefies the asphalt on back roads. Statistically, you probably aren't up to the task, but if you are in the small percentage that thinks they can hang, here's the rundown;
1983 GL650 stripped for business. It's basically a hypothalamus and a n*tsack. If you like knobby tires, air suspension, vintage looks, and freedom...the bases are covered.
It's had some recent service and maintenance work along with a newish battery so you'll never walk home alone. Sportster pipes summon the "ladies" and the V-twin vibrates for their pleasure (yeah, tripple plural). It's got a saddle bag just big enough for a box of Trojans, a flask, and your little black book. Lights and mirrors should keep you legal, but don't be shocked if "the man" wants a closer look. I gave it a camo finish ( hey, no one needs THIS much attention) but it's Plastidip so you can change it up without much effort if your hood has different scenery.
Bottom line? I'm an old man and my heart isn't up to it any more. My wife doesn't want to explain to her friends that I died from getting too laid.

If you read this far you probably know you either have what it takes or you don't. Alphas only need apply.
$1850. Cash is king.
20180423_111656.jpg
20180423_111611.jpg
shutterstock-61933045.jpg

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 9 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
"....but I still get a silly grin when I look at it"

That's when you know you bought the right bike.

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor