Escape From the Prison Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
What you need is an autonomous goat-Roomba that moves the anchor point around the yard while eating machines mow for you while you're on travel. Need to keep them moving so they don't eat down to the dirt. All that'd be left would be some special sauce for the goathead and tumbleweed sprouts so the critters'll eat them too.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Yup, eventual plan is to run sheep on about 3 acres. Once the landscaping is finished around the house it'll stabilize and be less upkeep. The area where the old house was is being reconfigured for less future maintenance too. Hope to have everything squared away in about 2 years -- baby steps. I'm trying to get everything paid for too. Goal is 100% debt free by Nov. 2020 ... for several reasons. This current project at work just has me gone a lot and for longer periods of time but it's good money so I can't turn it down. Once it runs it's course I'll be able to stay on top of this stuff better. Most of my other cases are local-ish with the ocassional overniter.
I need to get the 510 wrapped up and sold. Then I can focus on my '35 and continue to collect parts for the Cutlass 425 swap. The TWs are sorted. The Indian is done once I mount the saddlebags (have all the parts). The BroHauler might be a winter project (have most all the parts) but is plenty useable the way it is. Thennnnn maybe I can think about a little shop and start on my next big project, which I've eluded to a couple times in the past..

Reactions: 5 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Saturday morning ramblings...
I've finally got a new phone to replace the one I broke about 10 days ago. I got back into town late last Sunday night, just in time for the crappy weather. The weeds and grass were completely out of hand. It finally dried out enough on Thursday that I was able to get everything mowed at least. Certainly not manicured but definitely will be easier to manage in a couple weeks.

I mowed the lower pasture areas as well.

Since it's the beginning of irrigation season, a bunch of sediment ended up in the run-off ditch so I got to dig the out yesterday. That will be a yearly task but I'm going to eliminate a couple land bridges and culverts to minimize the obstructions.

I put down some weed killer before I left two weeks ago that seemed to work pretty well. That area will eventually be an RV spot. Power is denoted in yellow, water in blue, septic in gray. The green arrows are low spots I filled in with ditch soil.

I've got an idea to put together a little landscaping trailer that I can drag around with the BroHauler. It'd be pretty handy to keep the mower, weedeater, leaf blower, chain saw, gas, fencing tools, shovels, rakes, etc. all together and mobile. Currently, that stuff is scattered all over. It's ridiculous.

Also, one of neighbor Jack's peahens decided to nest in the middle of my field. She came within inches of being mowed and scattered on Thursday. This morning there was no peahen, no eggs. Just some feathers.

Bonus photo. Jack's herd.

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I realize it's probably a little hard to visualize how this place is laid out so I figured I'd drop a little map. From the looks of it I'd say this was probably late last July. Old house is still there and new house isn't done yet.

What I'm doing is maintaining the area at the bottom and finishing the spot where the old house was as an RV spot. There's a lot of reconfiguration ahead. Future plans are somewhat illustrated here...

Green is the park area. Orange will be the upper pasture. Purple will be the lower pasture. Blue is the run-off ditch that dumps into the canal. Yellow is the future shop site. Gray is future driveway/shop landing. Purple lines just below the new house is where I'll plant a couple rows of grapes as a wink and a nod to the rumor that was going around that it was going to be a winery when we started construction.

Reactions: 7 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Maybe. I'm thinking something in the 40 x 40 range. Probably about 12' ceiling, a single rollup door and a man door. I plan to keep it pretty simple. The garage is pretty big already so I won't need room to store a lot of cars. I'm also considering a shipping container too for overflow storage. I guess I could always get less stuff.

Reactions: 4 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Beautiful place you have.

Rain....I'm SO sick of it. This afternoon/tomorrow is fix the driveway/road time, since the county seems to think grading to run it all up my drive is the answer:wtf:

Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I don't have a lot of history in this area but I'm told it's been unusually rainy this spring. Then again, I haven't been here all that much.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Orange should be the MX area.
motorcycle_jump_failure.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor