Estimate the 1/4 mile time

Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureSeal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2009
Well, spent the first part of today doing some little things to it, mainly adjusting and bleeding the back brakes, and fixing the rear shocks...also ran a can of sea-foam threw the brake booster, which really helped out alot, put a can of sea-foam in the gas, and used an entire jumbo size can of carb cleaner on the carb. got some new info/problems

First the info-the gears are not a 3.08, they're more like a 2.52, however, they are a posi

Now the problem-When I get on it off the line it pulls good up to about where I shift it to 2nd, then it completly stops getting gas, my dad said it's because he didn't hook up the return line, or because the fuel line isn't big enough to support the 455. He said he's had the same problem on his 455 regal he had, and also when he put a 455 in his 77 skylark

SScamino

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2009
fishersville, Virginia
yea as far as I know carb'd vehicles don't have a return line like fuel injected vehicles. A more likely scenario is a kinked line somewhere. But if he didn't upgrade the fuel line than change it also.

larryo454

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
Just use 3/8 line i use copper line you can shape it the way u want with ease.And check the float in the carb and see if it is set right you might be draining the carb with low float settings.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Put drag radials on it. You will be slow otherwise. Make sure your fuel system is up to snuff. The track exposes all weakness. My car ran great on the street. Had fuel starvation issues, governor flying apart and major traction issues=slow car.

FutureSeal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2009
Thanks guys, The fuel starvation is intermittent, sometimes it happens, other times no problem...and the traction really isn't that big of a problem from the few launches I've done, spins for about 25-30 feet, then hooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor