Everyday Performance Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'm with Turna on this one... don't forget the mixture solenoid that tries leaning it out because the O2 sensor thinks it's running rich...

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Reman carbs are a crap shoot at best. Compare it to Holley, Edelbrock or Street Demon carb, similar or less money. It worked out cheaper vs a 750 cfm Street Demon carb that I would still have to tune and get a TV bracket to work with my 2004R.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Got under the car last night to check to see if the collector gasket I replaced was still good.. looked at the O2 sensor... its broken. Base of the ceramic hanging on by the little wire inside. Looks like it took a random rock hit or something.

Could be why my carb started acting up. Replacement on the way.

(Still doing the carb, tho.. unless Ive completely pissed the guy off complaining about his prices being high... he IS a member here.. lol)

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
That'll do it! Might want to grab a Heli-coil kit for it, too. I have to say; that's one of the best investments I've made (they are few and far between, mind you).

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
The headers were just put on, and the bung for teh O2 was just welded in place.

Currently, I forsee no issues getting it off, as its only been on there for a few weeks. I will put a little anti-sieze on the new one tho..

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The headers were just put on, and the bung for teh O2 was just welded in place.

Currently, I forsee no issues getting it off, as its only been on there for a few weeks. I will put a little anti-sieze on the new one tho..

-Gonz
Most already have some antisieze on them. Don't over do it and contaminate it.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
God hope it's not a POS Bosch O2 sensor.

Use old school ACDelco O2 sensors and you won't get stupid readings. I've never had any luck with any other sensor on a G-body.

AFS16P superseded to AFS20 if you can find them, and now it's AFS21 (19211437). Latest and greatest p/n from GM. Around 18 bucks or so on fleabay. And around 19 bucks delivered from Rockauto. 12.59 on Amazon- with Prime it's free shipping.

They used to come pre-coated with a glass bead thread lube. Apparently the glass beads keep it from seizing up better than regular anti-seize. They used to warn of you not using anything extra or wiping off the pre-coating. Cannot verify if the new ones still have this. I imagine they do.

$_72.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
ACDelco AFS21 was delivered today.

$12.59 to my door.

-Gonz

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
We're very good at spending your money, Gonzo1970 ! :)

Quite the appropriate thread to mention that in. :)

(btw: My first car was a 72 Cutlass Supreme. A guy down the road had a 72 Hurst Olds Pace Car W-45 parked in his back yard we never could talk em out of.)

-Gonz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor