Exhaust Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

86CutlassUCF

Master Mechanic
Nov 14, 2008
Central FL
Taking the car to get the headers and dual exhaust put put in on monday. Im going to have the exhaust dump after the mufflers. Is there anything i forgot to buy? This is what i got so far

flowtech headers from summit
h pipe
2 hooker aerochambers
new crossmember that will allow dual exhaust
2 new motor mounts

am i forgetting anything?

The shops here won't let us dump the exhaust. When my son put the new motor in the Malibu with headers, 2.5" pipes, hooker areochambers and 2.5" tails out the side GN style we find it loud enough. The H pipe will probably make a difference though. Have you got A/C? might have to deal with the brackets I know we did, not sure on a Cutlass.

O. D. Showtime said:
The shops here won't let us dump the exhaust. When my son put the new motor in the Malibu with headers, 2.5" pipes, hooker areochambers and 2.5" tails out the side GN style we find it loud enough. The H pipe will probably make a difference though. Have you got A/C? might have to deal with the brackets I know we did, not sure on a Cutlass.

im in fl and we have no emmisions laws so i should be ok. Do you have any vids of how the aerochambers sound? I took the AC out so hopefully it will be easier on them.

86CutlassUCF said:
O. D. Showtime said:

im in fl and we have no emmisions laws so i should be ok. Do you have any vids of how the aerochambers sound? I took the AC out so hopefully it will be easier on them.

this is NOT my car .. but here is a vid I found on Youtube of a Cutlass with Aerochambers dumped with an x-pipe. I think it sounds amazing! :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpb9OyaXK-c

My Caprice has a 265 (4.3L) L99 V8. Basically a smaller displacement LT1.
NO, it's not a V6... It is in fact a 4.3 V8 for all you skeptics...

It sounds as good as any V8 I've ever heard.

86CutlassUCF said:
so i was qouted at about $600 :twisted: ...it willl be done tomorrow, well hope its worth it.

you mean it's $600 plus those parts you listed in your 1st post?.... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor