Exterior Door Handle Tension Spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Anybody have a line on just the spring for the handle assembly? I googled but came up with nada. I swear I saw them on a HELP rack or something somewhere though?
I know the whole assembly is available for reasonable bux but have no clue is quality would be as good as stock.
Figured if I could just replace the spring I'd have a perfectly good stock assembly.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
If you end up buying a new handle, I would rob the spring from it and fix the O.E. handle with it.

Reactions: 1 user

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Rick if you don't need it right away I'm sure I can track a spring down and add it to your "pile o parts". Or if you want another OE handle I could do that as well.

Reactions: 1 user

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Thanks Kevin, for sure if you come across anything decent.....I did have a spare, little crusty but useable, which I put in yesterday. Now I have a right and left spare with no springs.
It's funny, as I think I've told you before, it's the little things you think you'll never need that get tossed, while the sh*t you hold onto just collects dust forever lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor