F@#$%^& chinese engine mounts pieces of s@#$

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Well tried to take advantage of the warmer weather to drop the engine & transmission on the frame to find out the damn Chinese made Anchor mounts has the bolt sleeves molded in at an angle in the rubber. :wtf: Loosen the mounts, tried with the medium & large persuaders, adjusted the tilt angles as much as I could, swapped sides & used another set of block side brackets & nothing. The bolts will not go thru the other side (or even get in after swapping sides.) I compaired the steel parts from them & the ones that were opened up for the Energy Suspension inserts (an Anchor set that was made in India), both halfs are the same thickness as one half of the other set. Even the bare metal set feels heavier that the complete Chinese ones. I bought these to replace the ES set cause of the fighting with them. Now after properly reading the ES instruction sheet (who needs instructions? This fool :doh:) I will have to attempt again with them being left loose tomorrow (wife permiting of course.)

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I've got new Anchor mounts on my car. Now I'm worried.

Nov 4, 2012
Lol, you aren't really a car guy unless you've cursed out your lungs in the driveway over cheap Chinese parts. Damn you, China and your cheap labor.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor