Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Having Chicken Pox as a kid causes it.
I think I've heard that before, Paul.
Something to the effect of the virus laying dormant in your system and could strike at any time. I've had chicken pox as a kid, if I recall, but never had an incident.

Hope you're doing better, man. Speedy recovery.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I bet your dogs are giving you some comfort....dogs are smart when it comes to us humans...:)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
My dogs are smarter than some of the folks that I know. Even some of the college educated ones - haha

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
maybe... but why are we talking about your shingles on an automobile forum?

This is General Discussion. It's where people with a shared automotive interest can connect on other wonderful experiences in life.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I think I've heard that before, Paul.
Something to the effect of the virus laying dormant in your system and could strike at any time. I've had chicken pox as a kid, if I recall, but never had an incident.

Hope you're doing better, man. Speedy recovery.

I never had chicken pox, so my chances of getting shingles should be low unless I catch chicken pox?

• Agree

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I never had chicken pox, so my chances of getting shingles should be low unless I catch chicken pox?
For some reason, I think kids are more susceptible to contracting chicken pox than adults are.
So, I think your chances of contracting shingles are slim.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
If you were still in school in the late 1990's or later, you were probably vaccinated for the chickenpox. but the jury is still out to whether or not the Chickenpox vaccination protects against shingles and people trying to sell you a shingles vaccine won't be the ones that tell you that you don't need one.

Adult chickenpox is supposedly worse than childhood chicken pox - more possibilities of complications but adults are generally cleaner and more germaphobic than kids, so they are less likely to contract it.

• Agree

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Supposedly my grandfather had chicken pox twice.. Once when his was a kid and again in his late 60s. I was only a little kid when he had it again in the early 1990s, but I suspect it may have really been the Shingles.

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If you were still in school in the late 1990's or later, you were probably vaccinated for the chickenpox. but the jury is still out to whether or not the Chickenpox vaccination protects against shingles and people trying to sell you a shingles vaccine won't be the ones that tell you that you don't need one.

Adult chickenpox is supposedly worse than childhood chicken pox - more possibilities of complications but adults are generally cleaner and more germaphobic than kids, so they are less likely to contract it.

My son and his wife let their kids eat dirt so they can build up their immunities. My son hopes that the kids don't over build up their immunities so they don't become immune to the rules of the house when they hit their teens....:)

• Haha

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
That sucks I've heard it can be quite painful. I don't think I've ever had chicken pox perhaps from growing up in a place so toxic. In fact I think it's giving me auto body super powers lol

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor