F41 and aftermarket bracing diagrams (MORE pics added)

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I have a pair of cutlass x braces for the rad cradle if anyone's interested.$15 plus shipping.

DSM

Apprentice
Feb 1, 2008
Michigan
Here is the front brace set-up on my car. Rather than stacking washers I made an aluminum spacer to fit between the ends of the two braces.

Attachments

• fr_frame_bracing.jpg
    fr_frame_bracing.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 2,092
Reactions: 1 user

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
DSM said:
Here is the front brace set-up on my car. Rather than stacking washers I made an aluminum spacer to fit between the ends of the two braces.

What's that, about 1/2" thick? I'm gonna be adding my GP bar to my car (already added the jounce bars) when I get the engine swapped. Might do the same thing. Definitely looks better that the washers.

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
I installed both mine on my coupe with no washers or anything just used longer grade 8 bolts to hold the dp bar and the jounce bars

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Any pics of people without washers or spacers?

SLICK79WGN

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2008
LaPorte,Tx
will take some tomorrow if nobody throws some up

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Here is a pic without any washers or spacers. The grand prix bar is on top of the jounce bar. I just used the stock bolts that were holding the jounce bars to the frame. There may be a gap, but once you start tightening them up, the metal is thin enough on the GP bar that you don't have to heat it up and it will form against the jounce bar. Please excuse the dirt as the car has been sitting for almost a year now.

pics11-26-09058.jpg

• Creative
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor