F41 and aftermarket bracing diagrams (MORE pics added)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
no...the sway bar is further back....if you look on the bottom of the horns you'll see a hole about 3/8" on each side and that's were the bar is mounted....

jmangham

Apprentice
Dec 11, 2009
my ss got a ls said:
where can i find the bar that goes accross the bottom and the bars on the top under the hood

From what I gather, Grand prix for the bottom bar parellel to the font sway bar, and top firewall to gill long bars from a monte. My 79 Monte has the top braces. Look through this post and you will find all you need to know about Gbody chassis bracing.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
I went to install my "core-support to fender braces" and discovered that my '78 doesn't have provisions in the fenders to mount them. I have a set of curved and straight bars. Neither one is a factory fit. Nothing a drill can't fix but has anyone else ran across this before?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the fenders just have a quick nut for the bolt on the fender...if I'm at the shop later I'll take a picture of it
10054.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
pontiacgp said:
the fenders just have a quick nut for the bolt on the fender...if I'm at the shop later I'll take a picture of it
10054.jpg

I have those. There's no hole in the fender for them though! My '78 LeMans had the holes in the fender for them but not the GP.

Reactions: 1 user

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Why are our cars crossmembers (and so many others) at an angle? Wouldn't a straight crossmember with bracing provied a more solid feel? Are they just thrown in as an afterthought once all the other components are on?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor