Fabricating New Harness from C100 Bulkhead Connector to Engine, A/C, Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Brief update: I was trying to finalize the bulkhead connector (AKA C100) wiring for the engine harness today. I realized I erroneously eliminated the 250 circuit and wrongly described it as being solely for the EFE relay. After further review, the circuit 250 is for both of the following circuits:
1. power supply to oil pressure switch for the choke; and
2. power to EFE relay.

As a result, I need to include a 250 circuit as part of the power supply to the choke (when key is turned on) and continue to NOT power the EFE relay (as it is no longer used on my EC).

Finally, I have included a couple pics of my home-made (see posting from yesterday which shows the simple jig that allowed me to apply the tracer color) tracer stripe on green GXL. Please note, I used a silver colored Sharpie (rather, than white, as I have not yet found a white Sharpie with the correct size and point).

View attachment 158570 View attachment 158571
Curious, what made you mark your own wire instead of buying it already done ? Theres so many places that sell it ready to use.

xcookpac

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2012
Curious, what made you mark your own wire instead of buying it already done ? Theres so many places that sell it ready to use.
I marked my own wire because it makes my life simpler. I keep wire in stock but all without tracers. By adding tracers I can have related circuits with different colored tracers. Additionally, anytime I can get things done cheaply it makes me smile.

Reactions: 2 users

xcookpac

Master Mechanic
Mar 15, 2012
Update: I have been getting the serpentine belt system and electric fans straightened out. I believe serpentine setup and fans are from a 1986 IROC with TPI. Once fans and serpentine setup are straightened out the I will do final install if motor harness (which I will fully document). Finally, I have been working my *ss off getting the house ready for sale(new kitchen, bathrooms and electric high hat install).

Thanks fir everyone's patience.

Reactions: 1 users

Erictorres0311

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 6, 2020
Riverside, Ca
Update: I have been getting the serpentine belt system and electric fans straightened out. I believe serpentine setup and fans are from a 1986 IROC with TPI. Once fans and serpentine setup are straightened out the I will do final install if motor harness (which I will fully document). Finally, I have been working my *ss off getting the house ready for sale(new kitchen, bathrooms and electric high hat install).

Thanks fir everyone's patience.
Any chance you would be able to post a list of materials use and where you got them from ? Was thinking of redoing my harness on mine .... good luck with house sale

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor