CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Hey guys. i'm trying to find light blue headliner fabric for my 1979 Pontiac LeMans 2 door hardtop Coupe (Malibu is the sister car).

I no longer have my original headliner board, but i will order a new one. how much per yard of fabric do I need for the headliner? I contacted both pui interiors & acme Auto. they both have discontinued Powder blue aka light blue.

SMS Auto fabrics in Oregon are the only one who can get it. It's $115 per yard!!! Seems steep? Do you guys have any suggestions on where I can find this color anywhere else for cheaper.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
G-bodyparts.com shows this on their website being a special order color but if it's made by acme i doubt it's available. 78-79 only color 😞
received_3323311687980020.jpeg

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
When I re-did the headliner in the firebird I got foam backed fabric in a spot - on color and weave texture from a jo-anns warehouse special order. It was the bright red they used in them in 85, basically the old carmine red coloring.

No need for a specialty 'car vendor'... the fabric is fabric, they don't make it themselves

Reactions: 1 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
When I re-did the headliner in the firebird I got foam backed fabric in a spot - on color and weave texture from a jo-anns warehouse special order. It was the bright red they used in them in 85, basically the old carmine red coloring.

No need for a specialty 'car vendor'... the fabric is fabric, they don't make it themselves
Gotcha! i am checking with my local Joanns. Otherwise yes i am aware i can basically get it from anywhere, I just like to be Specific i guess. :LOL:
A friend of mine Jim sent me this. headliner fabric powder blue Looks decently spot on. Just curious about their prices.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Gotcha! i am checking with my local Joanns. Otherwise yes i am aware i can basically get it from anywhere, I just like to be Specific i guess. :LOL:
A friend of mine Jim sent me this. headliner fabric powder blue Looks decently spot on. Just curious about their prices.
They had a binder they pulled out, for the foam backed fabric, then they ordered it, I didn't pay shipping. First order showed up with some creases. They gave it to me free and re-ordered. So I had extra if I wanted to redo the speaker cover/sail panels in the firebird, and, the sunvisors if I ever care to. Or I could do a top car, and, the crease would never show.

But it was full of swatches in the couple inch square size.

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor