Facebook Creeping Anyone Else Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
Its just statistics and correlation. Not much nefarious about that part of it. Lots of reasons to hate Facebook but it doing its job isn't one of them. That's about all I'm gonna say on that.

Agreed, but it seems like there should be a way or an easier way to opt out of it. I mean it's practically impossible to use the internet without using Google. So unless you are gonna to avoid using the internet completely and live under a rock, your data is being mined. I'm not insinuating that the information is being collected with any malicious intent, but I'd prefer it not be collected at all. And with all the data breaches that have happened, it certainly has the ability to fall into the wrong hands. I dont know exactly how some of that stuff could be used maliciously, but that's why I'm not a hacker or a criminal.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Agreed, but it seems like there should be a way or an easier way to opt out of it. I mean it's practically impossible to use the internet without using Google. So unless you are gonna to avoid using the internet completely and live under a rock, your data is being mined. I'm not insinuating that the information is being collected with any malicious intent, but I'd prefer it not be collected at all. And with all the data breaches that have happened, it certainly has the ability to fall into the wrong hands. I dont know exactly how some of that stuff could be used maliciously, but that's why I'm not a hacker or a criminal.
Truth about even our smartphones....start at 12:50 ish, touches on what we are talking about

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Google knows a lot more about you than FB does.
(And yes, that's pretty scary)

Fact is, once you're "out there", you're "out there for good".

Basically, there is no anonymity online anymore, so don't expect it.

That's why I just don't try to hide anything anymore.. Used to be able to, but not anymore..

Just make sure they know the important stuff.. heavily armed, pro 2A, and have ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ and 3%er as my profile pic. :sneaky:

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Google knows a lot more about you than FB does.
(And yes, that's pretty scary)

Fact is, once you're "out there", you're "out there for good".

Basically, there is no anonymity online anymore, so don't expect it.

That's why I just don't try to hide anything anymore.. Used to be able to, but not anymore..

Just make sure they know the important stuff.. heavily armed, pro 2A, and have ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ and 3%er as my profile pic. :sneaky:

-Gonz
I think the G body forum just hiccuped, must be they are collecting your info Gonz from your last post :ROFLMAO:

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
If you don't want to have any online company/system know anything about you, then burn your cell phone and computer. Use a landline phone only and a tv antenna.

It started in the name of national security, and has transgressed into what you see occurring. Is it bad? If you want to do things you don't want others to know about, then yeah, it's bad.

I guess I'm past that point on my life - worrying about getting caught doing much of anything other than burnouts. I did have some fun of me posting a picture of myself naked with a photo shopped donkey penis in the right spot though - it was fun. (Earned me a few extra friends :):) )

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
As far as I'm concerned it is peoples own fault. You signed up. You "read" the rules. You are hooked. Serves you right. As for me I have no fakebook, a "stupid" phone, and my tinfoil hat to protect me.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
They totally use your phones. I did the same thing with a fake account to get on to marketplace. A guy I went to school with, whom I'm not even sure I talked to in school, came into my store. Sold him some parts, overall maybe in front of me 5-10 mins. Next day, he's on my list of people I may know.

Only thing that I can make sense of, is because our phones were in close proximity for a number of minutes, we must have been chatting.

This is the same way google tracks traffic, for those who haven't seen it, this is awesome;

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Sad fact is we today have life way too easy. If surviving was a challenge (think (1800s), these morons wouldn't be so concerned with what everyone else was doing every minute of the day

facebook is the least of your problems.. there are cameras everywhere these days with facial recognition, your license plates are tracked. ez pass tracked if you have it, credit and bank cards tracked and the list goes on...

Oklahoma Turnpike Authority has scanners at the toll plazas that snap a pic of and scan every vehicle that passes through it. Some say they're looking for narcotics, radioactive materials and weapons, I really have no idea.

The day any of us logged on to the internet,your privacy was gone

Personally, I live my life above-board, so no tinfoil hat required

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor